“Only Adequate”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Rockland
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We paid for a room in advance for our family of four, requesting early check-in and an extra roll- away bed for our son. Though the staff at the front desk was welcoming at check-in, the roll away and an extra bath towel required second requests (the towel never arrived). My brother's key card stopped working and when we went down to the front desk to inform them, waited ten minutes without anyone showing up-this was at 10:30 p.m.-not at an unreasonable hour. The hotel hallways reeked of cigarette smoke exacerbating congestion experienced by our daughter. For the price we paid per night, we felt the room was smaller than typical Comfort Inn rooms, without a fridge or microwave (which we later found out my brother's room did have). The coffee wasn't replenished for the room coffee maker, though the cleaning staff seemed cordial and did a good job otherwise. The saving grace for this hotel was the breakfast they offered and the quiet rooms. As Choice Hotel members, we felt this stay only adequate when compared with other Choice Hotels available.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SpanishTeacher7

Reviewed 23 September 2012

I stayed one night on a business trip. Despite the nonsmoking room reservation, the corridors reeked of smoke, the bedcover was cigarette burned and stained as were the linens. I overlooked the powder on the floor when I arrived (not mine), but could not sleep due to the TV noise in the next room. At my request the front desk called my neighbors to turn down the TV, but the ring of the phone was even louder than the TV. You hear every flush , every trickle of water, every telephone ring several rooms over. Normally I am a very sound sleeper.There is no soundproofing. The crowning touch was when I got up in the morning and noticed someone else's hair in my bed. very icky. The worn fabrics in dark green and gold look even dirtier under flourescent light. On the bright side, the front desk staff could not have been more pleasant.Go elsewhere until this place is refurbished.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Marcia W
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I was in bed and my room mate was talking to me from the bathroom when we heard someone insert a key card in the door. Next thing, I am staring at two men who were entering my room! Fortunately, they were as confused as we were and they apologized and exited the room. Making matters worse, we had already notified the front desk that our room phone was inoperable, so we could not call the front desk (or security or the police!). I used my cell phone to call the front desk. I called three times and no one answered the phone. (this was around 11 p.m.)

So, I covered my pajamas and my roommate and I went to the desk to explain how someone's error had subjected us to potential harm, rape, or robbery. We received a very weak apology and some poor excuses. The manager was unavailable, so we went back to our rooms to find ourselves locked out! Our keys no longer provided access to the room!

The next day, I asked to speak with the manager and I was promised that she would contact me at some point during the day. I never heard from the manager, even though I gave my cell number for that purpose. The phone repair was later completed in under 5 minutes. The wire that goes to the wall needed to be replaced. In the hospitality industry, that is a major problem. That phone should have been fixed immediately upon our arrival or we should have been given a new room.

These are "life safety" issues....it cannot get any worse than this.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank HBalt-and-HNyc
Reviewed 6 August 2012

A sweltering 4 days of heat wave outside. We had two rooms on third floor, one for grown kids, one for parents. The entire place stinks of cigarette smoke. The hallways are not air conditioned (because "it's an older building"?) and third floor was sweltering. Ridiculous. I had booked it via Travelocity's "top secret surprise room" or something like that so unbeknownst to us we got 2 smoking rooms. (I'll take that up with them!) The lovely lady at the desk managed to let us switch to non-smoking, but we had to upgrade, so an extra $55. The kids' room still stunk badly, but ours was just moldy. Sheets and floors were clean. They need to change filters on AC. Shower didn't drain. I found a used bar of soap between the piled up plastic drinking cups. I whacked my ankle badly on a 4" piece of steel jutting out from the bed, covered by bedskirt. Taken alone, they can all be explained away, but together they made for one lousy mini-vacation. Adding insult to injury was the ridiculously high price for a Comfort Inn. Breakfast was good for this sort of place. The lady at the desk gave us $25 off our upgrade price when I pointed out some of my displeasure. Essentially, upper management needs to step up and fix the very poor air quality and things like the killer bed, and spot check the housekeeping. Staff very pleasant despite it all.

Room Tip: The higher you go, the hotter the rooms are. Even non-smoking floors reek of smoke.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank PollyK89
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Was looking for a hotel to escape the northeast current heat wave. Ran into the the local Holiday and BW and was welcomed, not. The Comfort Inn in Rocland greeted me with open arms and actually held the room for me for 2hrs and pumped up the air in the room I was to occupy later. Every staff member was smiling and happy and friendly, unlike the other two hotels who were kind of pouty. The GM, Amy, must be a hands on employer because she was right there from the moment I checked in till the time I checked out. Everything was top notch!. Parking convenient and clean lots, landscaping well attended, Houskeeping keeps the rooms immaculate and well kept. Probably the freshest most organized and relaxing complimentary breakfast I've ever been offered in my travels. And the selection! The property, itself, has a great location to Boston, Plymouth and Cape Cod. I am a local and plan on reccomending this hotel to everyone who needs to run away from home for a night or two or even three.

Room Tip: off of Rte 3 drive past the 2 hotels on your left and the Comfort Inn Rockland will be on your right...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2012

And can't imagine how it has less than satisfactory ratings on here. :o It is a beautiful colonial style hotel and the staff was SO nice. Room was great and clean and the hotel seemed safe and was quiet. The beds were hard though. That is truly my only complaint. I would stay again if in the area!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times and have always been satisfied. The staff is friendly and helpful. Though an older property it has been well maintained and the rooms are kept clean. The beds are comfortable, shower good, wi-fi ok, etc.... There are fairly decent restaurants within a short driving distance and easy access to Rt. 3. I would call this a good value for this area.

Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank steverinsc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockland
Best Western Rockland
Best Western Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Rockland
Nantasket Beach Resort
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Brockton (Boston), MA
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!