“Nice & Comfortable.”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Rockland
Bath, Pennsylvania
“Nice & Comfortable.”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Stayed here 4 nights with my sister, rooms were clean, comfortable, kinda small but we were ok. Could hear some noise through the walls espically kids upstrairs, Comfortable beds.
Friendly staff.,Good location lots of stores and resturants in area, Love the benches outside.
Nice property. Worked for us...

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Western MA
Reviewed 15 October 2012

The Comfort Inn is typically higher priced than the Holiday Inn and Best Western across the screet, but this time it was cheaper, so we tried it. Rooms were good size and clean. Bedspreads not the newest. Although non-smoking, the room was fine, but hallways had an odor. Included breakfast with muffins, cold cereal, instant oatmeal, waffles, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, apples/bananas. Gym is more of a small room with an elliptical and treadmill. When we requested extra towels, they were brought up to room. Oh, double beds vs. queens.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ccja
Oakfield, New York, United States
Reviewed 24 September 2012

we decided to wing it with no plan for honeymoon and be adventurous. Not a very good idea for the two country kids lol!! we arrived in Boston after the 9 hour drive from home to have the crap scared out of us and panic ensue. Every time we thought we were finding our way the GPS took us back into the tunnels where it refused to work. So tired, scared and just wanting a cheap place we punched comfort inn into our Gps and the first one that came up was in Rockland. we prayed they had a room. when we arrived they looked very packed but we were glad to find they had a smoking room with a spa tub which is what we wanted anyway. the price was about what we expected, and the bed was very comfy, rooms homey and breakfast great. my only complaint is that going from the nice coolness of your room to the sweat box conditions of all the hallways is alot to take. Thank you comfort inn for starting out our honeymoon the right way!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Littleton, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We paid for a room in advance for our family of four, requesting early check-in and an extra roll- away bed for our son. Though the staff at the front desk was welcoming at check-in, the roll away and an extra bath towel required second requests (the towel never arrived). My brother's key card stopped working and when we went down to the front desk to inform them, waited ten minutes without anyone showing up-this was at 10:30 p.m.-not at an unreasonable hour. The hotel hallways reeked of cigarette smoke exacerbating congestion experienced by our daughter. For the price we paid per night, we felt the room was smaller than typical Comfort Inn rooms, without a fridge or microwave (which we later found out my brother's room did have). The coffee wasn't replenished for the room coffee maker, though the cleaning staff seemed cordial and did a good job otherwise. The saving grace for this hotel was the breakfast they offered and the quiet rooms. As Choice Hotel members, we felt this stay only adequate when compared with other Choice Hotels available.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SpanishTeacher7
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I stayed one night on a business trip. Despite the nonsmoking room reservation, the corridors reeked of smoke, the bedcover was cigarette burned and stained as were the linens. I overlooked the powder on the floor when I arrived (not mine), but could not sleep due to the TV noise in the next room. At my request the front desk called my neighbors to turn down the TV, but the ring of the phone was even louder than the TV. You hear every flush , every trickle of water, every telephone ring several rooms over. Normally I am a very sound sleeper.There is no soundproofing. The crowning touch was when I got up in the morning and noticed someone else's hair in my bed. very icky. The worn fabrics in dark green and gold look even dirtier under flourescent light. On the bright side, the front desk staff could not have been more pleasant.Go elsewhere until this place is refurbished.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Marcia W

Travellers are raving about these Rockland hotels

NYC
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I was in bed and my room mate was talking to me from the bathroom when we heard someone insert a key card in the door. Next thing, I am staring at two men who were entering my room! Fortunately, they were as confused as we were and they apologized and exited the room. Making matters worse, we had already notified the front desk that our room phone was inoperable, so we could not call the front desk (or security or the police!). I used my cell phone to call the front desk. I called three times and no one answered the phone. (this was around 11 p.m.)

So, I covered my pajamas and my roommate and I went to the desk to explain how someone's error had subjected us to potential harm, rape, or robbery. We received a very weak apology and some poor excuses. The manager was unavailable, so we went back to our rooms to find ourselves locked out! Our keys no longer provided access to the room!

The next day, I asked to speak with the manager and I was promised that she would contact me at some point during the day. I never heard from the manager, even though I gave my cell number for that purpose. The phone repair was later completed in under 5 minutes. The wire that goes to the wall needed to be replaced. In the hospitality industry, that is a major problem. That phone should have been fixed immediately upon our arrival or we should have been given a new room.

These are "life safety" issues....it cannot get any worse than this.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank HBalt-and-HNyc
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 August 2012

A sweltering 4 days of heat wave outside. We had two rooms on third floor, one for grown kids, one for parents. The entire place stinks of cigarette smoke. The hallways are not air conditioned (because "it's an older building"?) and third floor was sweltering. Ridiculous. I had booked it via Travelocity's "top secret surprise room" or something like that so unbeknownst to us we got 2 smoking rooms. (I'll take that up with them!) The lovely lady at the desk managed to let us switch to non-smoking, but we had to upgrade, so an extra $55. The kids' room still stunk badly, but ours was just moldy. Sheets and floors were clean. They need to change filters on AC. Shower didn't drain. I found a used bar of soap between the piled up plastic drinking cups. I whacked my ankle badly on a 4" piece of steel jutting out from the bed, covered by bedskirt. Taken alone, they can all be explained away, but together they made for one lousy mini-vacation. Adding insult to injury was the ridiculously high price for a Comfort Inn. Breakfast was good for this sort of place. The lady at the desk gave us $25 off our upgrade price when I pointed out some of my displeasure. Essentially, upper management needs to step up and fix the very poor air quality and things like the killer bed, and spot check the housekeeping. Staff very pleasant despite it all.

Room Tip: The higher you go, the hotter the rooms are. Even non-smoking floors reek of smoke.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PollyK89
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockland
Best Western Rockland
Best Western Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Rockland
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Nantasket Beach Resort
Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!