Comfort Inn
US$151
US$142
Boston Motel(Weymouth)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscape codwedding guestsrooms are cleanstay there againoff the highwaysized bedhome away from homefront desk clerkminute drivenice hotelstaff was very friendly and helpfulcontinental breakfastbusiness tripoaklandhullpillowsmass
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here two years ago and it was fine. Last weekend we had two nights in the room from hunger. The stench in the room, cigarette smoke, dirty feet, it was sickening. I told the desk clerk......yes, we get a lot of complaints about that room. Management claimed everything in the room is new. Did I mention the settee? The arms were grimy and the cushions were like concrete. Management offered free points. On the other hand you may get a good room, care to gamble?

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Dave40827
GMMA047, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Dave,
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations.

We are in the process of doing a complete hotel renovation. We are remodeling the rooms from ceiling to floor in both the bedrooms and bathrooms.

We are now a completely non-smoking hotel!

The guest room you stayed in with us is one of our Beautifully re-done rooms. We only opened this section of rooms back up about 2 weeks ago. I honestly believe that you have mistaken the odor of new carpet, new wall vinyl, and new granite / tiles with other less pleasant odors.

We have had multiple compliments on how wonderful our newly renovated rooms are and I am very sorry that you were not pleased with your stay.

Comfort Inn
850 Hingham Street
Rockland, MA 02370

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed for 2 weeks and were treated with respect. kindness and efficiency. Staff were readily available to answer questions and assist in any way they could. They were able to offer us an early check in, and went out of their way to insure our comfort. The Hot Continental Breakfast is more than adequate and is fresh daily. The hotel is undergoing renovations, but, it did not interfere with our stay. The workers were as courteous and respectful as the hotel staff. When you first walk in, the elegant oak winding staircase and beautiful fireplaced library are warm and welcoming. I wish I had seen it for the holidays as I am sure it must look even more beautiful. Amy, the manager and Linda, our front desk assistant were so helpful. They cheerfully chatted with us and even offered to give us a sneak peak at some of the already-renovated rooms of which they are so proud. When I first made my reservation, I was a bit stressed, but Sasha was kind and calming and immediately made me feel at ease. Gail, our cheerful housekeeper was a delight - My husband worked out of the room and she was able to work around him - literally vacuuming around him as he worked - She was kind and accommodating. I highly recommend this propert and can't wait to return to see the completed renovations.

Room Tip: Corner rooms on the front are a bit larger, designed for an extended stay and have 3 windows - Very bright and cheery - AC units are efficient and quiet -
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Melinda M
GMMA047, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Melinda,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you for mentioning our wonderful complimentary breakfast in your review. I am glad you were able to enjoy the convenience of it during your stay. I completely agree that Linda, Gail and Sasha are very sweet and do their best to welcome our guests and make them feel at home. Thank you very much for mentioning them by name in this review! It really does help to encourage our staff to continue doing their best!

Comfort Inn, Rockland

Reviewed 5 August 2013

My wife and I visited the Boston area in early July and stayed at this hotel because it was close to family and boston without being too close to the city. I would like to highly compliment the entire hotel staff, the general manager, front office staff, maintenance and custodial. Everything was fantastic. I would like to especially compliment the evening front office girl, sarah, who was incredibly helpful, friendly and very professional. She was very kind and generous and we cannot praise her enough.

As for the hotel every part of our stay was terrific, the breakfast was plentiful and tasty, the room was very clean, well taken care of on a daily basis, spacious and comfortable, the bed was very comfortable. Every part of the room and the hotel was great. The only problem we had was one day with wifi usage. The front office staff was helpful in getting the problem taken care of in a timely manner and were genuinely concerned with the issue. The problem was taken care in a decent amount of time.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling in the suburban boston area, it is clean, neat, well taken care of and managed by very friendly and professional people, thank you

sincerely yours

jeff & debbra campbell

Room Tip: Be prepared that the hotel does not have the a/c running in the hallways so the hallways are pretty warm. there is not a pool or hot tub which would be a nice addition. there is an adequate workout room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
GMMA047, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

I have rewarded Sarah with a gift card to a local restaurant for being recognized in your review! I am always thrilled when my staff is positively recognized in our reviews!

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be an even more pleasant one.

Comfort Inn, Rockland MA

Reviewed 30 July 2013

The room was a little overpriced I thought, considering we went on a Sunday. The Jacuzzi was kinda small. We were left alone, and the room was very big. There was an average sized outdoor swimming pool. Overall it was a good hotel room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
GMMA047, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Although this is a very nice review, it is not accurate as we do not have a swimming pool at our hotel. We do have very nice Jacuzzi Suites and a complimentary Hot Breakfast!

We hope you will stay with us in the future!

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Staff did not want to honor the price I was quoted when I made my online reservation at the Comfort Inn site. My reservation reflected $260-something for two nights, all in, as part of a wedding party rate. When I checked in, the woman told me the bill would $305 instead, and quoted some kind of tax gobbledeygook. She told me I would have to talk to the manager to resolve the discrepancy. When I got my bill, it was correct. But then when I checked out, the woman at the desk gave me a hard time about "how I had treated" the woman when I checked in. That would be laughable if it weren't so insulting. I was perfectly friendly with her, but I DID dispute the bill. That is not "bad treatment." A room reservation is a contract. I held up my end by paying the amount quoted. Comfort Inn tried to get out of their end by trying to charge me $50 more than I was promised when I made my reservation. That is called fraud in some places. I could have gone to any number of nearby competitors. My mistake for not doing that. Next time I will not make that mistake. I will never stay at a Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
GMMA047, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear Tony,
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding staff service on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with front desk staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.
As per our email conversations, tax rates can change without our control. The tax rate did increase by 2% after you made your reservation. That is the only discrepancy regarding your reservation. The wording on the confirmation letter that was emailed to you is

"Rates quoted are per day and may fluctuate dependent upon local tax laws."

There was no fraud regarding your reservation. The 2% tax increase resulted in $4.75 additional be to charged to you by the state of Massachusetts, not the hotel. The hotel did not benefit in any way regarding this increase.
As you are aware, there are two sides to every story and as a professional, I will not get into our side regarding your treatment of our staff at this hotel.

Comfort Inn, Rockland