“Another hotel that just doesn't get it...”
Review of Comfort Inn

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Rockland
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I travel to this area south of Boston several times a year and unfortunately there are only three hotels in this area and they are all extremely over priced and this hotel is one of them. Like the two hotels within a 1/4 mile of this one it too is ridiculously over priced. I travel all over the country 12 months a year and this hotel simply doesn't cut it. $125.00 for a room here? Never again, the owner / Mgmt. needs to go back to business school.

Room Tip: Before booking ask to see the room you'll be getting. I paid $125.00 and got a single queen in a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
GMMA047, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Paul,

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn, Rockland for your lodging needs. We certainly appreciate your business.
I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that our hotel is located in a prime location between Boston and Cape Cod. Our pricing reflects our location and as you mentioned in your review it is a very competative market with our pricing being correct for our area. Our guests are able to enjoy the convenience of being very close to the city without paying the extremely high rates.
As I am sure you noticed, we have been working on a complete hotel renovation and I am certain that if you choose to stay with us again, you will be very pleased with our beautiful new rooms!
We also offer a wonderful complimentary hot breakfast every morning which not all of the hotels in our areas offer.
I hope that if you are in the area in the future, you will give our hotel another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Very comfortable and spacious room...and newly decorated.
Friendly and helpful staff.
Perfect location within easy reach of Boston and at the right price.
Lots of parking space....never an issue.
Quietly set back off the road which makes it quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank declan m
GMMA047, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor!
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our lovely hotel.
I am glad that you mentioned our newly decorated rooms as we are in the process of an extensive hotel renovation and we are so excited with the way the rooms are coming out.
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn, Rockland for your lodging needs!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

The owner of this Comfort Inn should be ashamed to rent its rooms. It is badly in need of repair and renovation. Carpets throughout are worn through and dirty. Woodwork is chipped and banged and needs a new paint job. Entryways are dirty. Tiles in bath are chipped and cracked. Windows don't close tight. Air conditioning unit was hanging off the wall.

The breakfast buffet is pathetic.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
GMMA047, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn, Rockland for your lodging needs.

The owner of this property takes great pride in providing clean, comfortable accomodations for our guests. That is why we are currently undergoing an extensive renovation at this hotel. When complete, all rooms will have beautiful new carpet, wall vinyl, bathroom tiles, tub surrounds, and counters.
I am very sorry you were not happy with your stay. I am even more disappointed that you did not notice that we are currently undergoing a this renovation process.

We have had multiple compliments on how wonderful our newly renovated rooms are and I am very sorry that you were not pleased with your stay.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here two years ago and it was fine. Last weekend we had two nights in the room from hunger. The stench in the room, cigarette smoke, dirty feet, it was sickening. I told the desk clerk......yes, we get a lot of complaints about that room. Management claimed everything in the room is new. Did I mention the settee? The arms were grimy and the cushions were like concrete. Management offered free points. On the other hand you may get a good room, care to gamble?

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Dave40827
GMMA047, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Dave,
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations.

We are in the process of doing a complete hotel renovation. We are remodeling the rooms from ceiling to floor in both the bedrooms and bathrooms.

We are now a completely non-smoking hotel!

The guest room you stayed in with us is one of our Beautifully re-done rooms. We only opened this section of rooms back up about 2 weeks ago. I honestly believe that you have mistaken the odor of new carpet, new wall vinyl, and new granite / tiles with other less pleasant odors.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed for 2 weeks and were treated with respect. kindness and efficiency. Staff were readily available to answer questions and assist in any way they could. They were able to offer us an early check in, and went out of their way to insure our comfort. The Hot Continental Breakfast is more than adequate and is fresh daily. The hotel is undergoing renovations, but, it did not interfere with our stay. The workers were as courteous and respectful as the hotel staff. When you first walk in, the elegant oak winding staircase and beautiful fireplaced library are warm and welcoming. I wish I had seen it for the holidays as I am sure it must look even more beautiful. Amy, the manager and Linda, our front desk assistant were so helpful. They cheerfully chatted with us and even offered to give us a sneak peak at some of the already-renovated rooms of which they are so proud. When I first made my reservation, I was a bit stressed, but Sasha was kind and calming and immediately made me feel at ease. Gail, our cheerful housekeeper was a delight - My husband worked out of the room and she was able to work around him - literally vacuuming around him as he worked - She was kind and accommodating. I highly recommend this propert and can't wait to return to see the completed renovations.

Room Tip: Corner rooms on the front are a bit larger, designed for an extended stay and have 3 windows - Very...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Melinda M
GMMA047, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Melinda,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you for mentioning our wonderful complimentary breakfast in your review. I am glad you were able to enjoy the convenience of it during your stay. I completely agree that Linda, Gail and Sasha are very sweet and do their best to welcome our guests and make them feel at home. Thank you very much for mentioning them by name in this review! It really does help to encourage our staff to continue doing their best!

Comfort Inn, Rockland

Reviewed 5 August 2013

My wife and I visited the Boston area in early July and stayed at this hotel because it was close to family and boston without being too close to the city. I would like to highly compliment the entire hotel staff, the general manager, front office staff, maintenance and custodial. Everything was fantastic. I would like to especially compliment the evening front office girl, sarah, who was incredibly helpful, friendly and very professional. She was very kind and generous and we cannot praise her enough.

As for the hotel every part of our stay was terrific, the breakfast was plentiful and tasty, the room was very clean, well taken care of on a daily basis, spacious and comfortable, the bed was very comfortable. Every part of the room and the hotel was great. The only problem we had was one day with wifi usage. The front office staff was helpful in getting the problem taken care of in a timely manner and were genuinely concerned with the issue. The problem was taken care in a decent amount of time.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling in the suburban boston area, it is clean, neat, well taken care of and managed by very friendly and professional people, thank you

sincerely yours

jeff & debbra campbell

Room Tip: Be prepared that the hotel does not have the a/c running in the hallways so the hallways are pretty...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
GMMA047, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

I have rewarded Sarah with a gift card to a local restaurant for being recognized in your review! I am always thrilled when my staff is positively recognized in our reviews!

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be an even more pleasant one.

Comfort Inn, Rockland MA

Reviewed 30 July 2013

The room was a little overpriced I thought, considering we went on a Sunday. The Jacuzzi was kinda small. We were left alone, and the room was very big. There was an average sized outdoor swimming pool. Overall it was a good hotel room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
GMMA047, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Although this is a very nice review, it is not accurate as we do not have a swimming pool at our hotel. We do have very nice Jacuzzi Suites and a complimentary Hot Breakfast!

We hope you will stay with us in the future!

Amy Pelletier

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockland
Best Western Rockland
Holiday Inn Express Boston South - Brockton
Comfort Inn Randolph
Comfort Inn Randolph
#1 of 1 in Randolph

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!