“Perfect New England experiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Beach Knoll Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockport
Beach Knoll Inn
Ranked #19 of 25 Rockport B&B and Inns
Toledo Ohio
“Perfect New England experiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

This is our second trip to Rockport Ma. but our first time at the Beach Knoll, and I have to say it defiantly will not be our last. The Inn is perfectly located just on the edge of downtown. It is walking distance to everything, but being on the edge, there are not an excessive amount of folks constantly walking by the window. We stayed in no.6. a one room efficiency with refrigerator, micro wave, coffeemaker and toaster oven. (although the restaurants in town are all so good and within walking distance that we never used the appliances). The room is on the corner of the building with two picture windows on one side and one on the end that provided an absolutely beautiful and unobstructed view of the beach and ocean just across the street. There is also a small patio with table and chairs just out the door on the end where we could sit and enjoy a glass of wine while watching the waves, lobstermen fishing in the bay and smell the salt air. Rockport is a quant new England village, (although quite busy in tourist season), and has lots of little shops, dinners and restaurants and is filed with old historical homes. I also have to say that there are no better hosts than Terry and Diane. They respected our privacy, but were very attentive and willing to enjoy our company and conversation. We arrived as guests and will be leaving as friends. If you are looking for a real New England experience, Rockport is the place to go, and the Beach Knoll the place to stay.

Room Tip: My wife and I stayed in a one room efficiency that is intimate ant perfect for a couple. If you are...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ghent, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

A collegue and I spent three days and three nights at the beach knoll inn. Granted, the weather was impeccable (over 90 F and blue skies all time long), and so we could get most out of our stay here. What a place to stay. Getting up early in the morning to gaze over the sea and wathc the sun rise. We rented the cottage, each having our own bedroom and bathroom, but sharing a kitchen, allowing us to take care of breakfast for ourselves. Taking the breakfast on the terrace outside was just grand. The owners were very much on the background but always available when something would come up. The facilities are good (including airco) and bedding was great. The bathroom provided exactly what was needed and a great shower after a hot, dusty/sandy day. Just across the street Back Beach offers a relaxing break from it all, while Front Beach is just down the road. Rockport is charming and lobster is everywhere.
The only thing we complained about, was having to leave....We both hope we'll be able to pass by once more in the (not too distant) future.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank nmrstruc
Lenox, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

Just got back from our fourth stay at the Beach Knoll Inn. We loved it as always. The location is great- across from the beach and two seconds to Bearskin Neck. The rooms are lovely, clean with great views. The owners Terry and Diane can't be better. It is like going home again only better.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

My 13-year son and I had an enjoyable stay in Apartment #2 at the Beach Knoll Inn. We were there for 10 nights, and Terry and Diane made us feel very welcome. The location--between Front Beach and Back Beach--was outstanding. The Inn is on the shore but far enough away from the crowds of Front Beach and Bearskin Neck. What we liked more than anything was the mesmerizing view of the harbor from our second story window. Even when we were in the sitting room, watching TV or eating in--which we did a lot, thanks to the convenience of the small kitchen and the grocery stores about 10-15 minutes away in Gloucester--I would find myself turning around to look out the window. I miss that view!

The only downside was that the bathroom was very small in our apartment. But it inspired my son to do an extended comedy routine ("This bathroom is so small that you can .... ") so we will end up having some fun memories of that, too.

I talked with a few other guests who, like me, found about Beach Knoll Inn by chance on the Internet. We all agreed that we were lucky to find it, and that we would not hesitate to come back in the future.

Room Tip: Choose an apartment (#2 or #3) on the second floor for the optimal view; this will allow you to have...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

My Husband and I have been coming back to the Beach Knoll for 4 years. We love the relaxed, atmosphere and the views of the ocean are just beautiful. The rooms are very clean and very comfortable. Terry and Diane pay attention to all the details and take very good care of us. The town is just a few blocks down with many great stores and restaurants. We enjoy going for our lobster dinner, at least twice while we are there. Gloucester is only a 15 minute ride with much to see and do also.

I hope we will be visiting for many years to come.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

If you want to relax, smell the ocean, hear the waves lapping the shore, be steps away from a beach, be minutes away from Rockport town, and stay in a very accommodating and comfortable room, you are in for a treat at Beach Knoll Inn in Rockport.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

I stayed at the Beach Knoll in in late May for a two-day getaway, primarily to work on a writing project and have a change of scenery. The location is perfect: two or three blocks to the center of town and across the street to the beach. I stayed in the efficiency (number 6?) on the corner of the building with 2 large windows facing the beach and another facing the pavilion on a small green. The efficiency is compact, but had absolutely everything I needed--a comfortable bed, a dining/writing table, a kitchenette, bathroom and high speed wireless. There was also a table and chairs for use outside. I loved falling asleep to the sound of the gentle waves and waking up to spectacular sunrises. Since I went in late May, it wasn't yet tourist season--but the weather was beautiful and everything was open, so it seemed like an ideal time for a visit. The innkeepers, the Goldens, were gracious and helpful. They checked each day to see if I needed anything. I think each room/suite is homey, not a cookie-cutter of each other, and was decorated in a colonial New-England style. For the location, the cosiness and comfort, and for the features (kitchenette, wireless internet, etc.), I think the value is excellent. I would have expected to pay much more per night for a room here.

Room Tip: Check out their website. I did that before I booked, and the website provided an accurate represent...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo