“Very comfortable accommodation and helpful staff”

Rockport Inn and Suites
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Rockport
Farnborough
“Very comfortable accommodation and helpful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Good sized room. Equipped with 2 double beds, table and 2 chairs, a large TV, also a coffee maker, microwave and fridge. The bed was vey comfortable, but the pillows were a little strange size wise, with four small pillows per bed, rather than two normal sized ones. It is located about 1 mile from the town where the restaurants are. It does, however, have a breakfast room. I didn't use the pool or fitness room.
I needed to stay around after the checkout time and the staff let me store my bags in an unused meeting room. They were also very helpful in arranging taxis for me, letting me make international calls and fax papers.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
rockportinnsuites, Front Office Manager at Rockport Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you for your thoughtful review. We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Here at the Rockport Inn and Suites, we like to make sure that our guests are as comfortable as possible and that they have all the amenities that they could need. Next time you come to visit us please make sure to try our pool and jacuzzi!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Rooms are very spacious and well appointed. The staff are friendly and helpful. The indoor pool area is great. We stayed 3 nights in early September. The motel is clean, plenty of parking and well kept grounds. The only drawback is the location with nothing in walking distance. You have to drive to Rockport or Gloucester (main attraction areas). The breakfast was Ok but limited fare. So many hotels now are using plastic cups and bowls it makes the food taste cheap, hate it. (this is not only a critism of this motel but many USA motels, increasing bad habit and should be banned). The price is probably a bit high given the location.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from main street.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Our indoor pool is the perfect place to relax after a day of exploring. We are only 3/4 of a mile from down town Rockport and during the summer season, the town of Rockport has a shuttle to down town which is conveniently right across the street from us. Thank you for you feedback on our continental breakfast. We like to make sure that all of our guests get breakfast before they start their days. We hope to see you soon!
Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We came by bike, from Salem and used Rockport Inn and Suites as a base to explore the area.
We got a spacious room with two double beds, a TV, a fridge a coffee making machine and a large bathroom. The continental breakfast was very good! We loved the heated pool and whirlpool. A relaxing dip after a day biking was fantastic!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a lovely review. Rockport is a great town to explore by bike. We're glad you were able to relax in one of our spacious rooms and enjoy our pool. We hope to see you again soon!
Matlock, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

I only stayed one night at this hotel on a recent holiday.

On arrival the reception staff were freindly and helpful. The rooms are a reasonable size, but both my room and that of another family member travelling with me both had a damp(ish) smell as though they needed to be properly aired.

Decor is a little dated and the whole place is in need of maintenance and a bit of a refurb.

Our bathroom was a little small and dark but the shower worked well enough.

All in all this is not a bad hotel, but it needs some attention to detail as many features have the DIY look and are not properly finished off. It is in my opinion an average 3 star. The issue I have is price at £120 or $200 per night they are charging close to London / NY 4 star prices.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Alton, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

This motel is a "look alike" Marriott Courtyard - very similar in terms of bedding, room layout and decor, lobby, breakfast, etc. It was all good and clean and comfortable, even had a microwave and little fridge. Pool was excellent, towels provided. Did not utilize the breakfast. It is a .6 of a mile walk to the shops of Rockport, easy and convenient, but NOT on the beach, if that's what you are looking for. I would stay again. My only drawback was the pricing, it was a little much for it's location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
rockportinnsuites, General Manager at Rockport Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
What a great time of year to visit Rockport...with so much going on around town and the fantastic weather we are glad you stayed with us!!! With the Trolley across the street it makes getting to those beaches and downtown so much easier...Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I will make sure to share this with our staff!!!
Springfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

The place seemed very clean. We stayed there 5 nights the last week of August 2013. I would say it is very well run, clean, and efficient. We had a suite so that our 2.5 year old could sleep in a separate room. It worked out very well. We stayed in the upstairs bedroom. The indoor pool is very nice and clean. Our son loved it. I'm usually a big breakfast person, but the free continental breakfast was O.K. if you're into that. I ate there most mornings. Considering the large size of our room and separate bedroom, I would say the rate was reasonable.

We had only a couple of minor issues with the room, but nothing serious. One of the ceiling lights was out. I called the front desk to report it, but it was never fixed while we were there. There were an additional 3 desk tamps in the room, so it wasn't really a problem. The faucet in the bathroom is a little warn and difficult to get the temperature exactly how you want. It seems like they don't have a good process for inspecting rooms, identifying things that need to be replaced, and following up with the maintenance.

I would definitely stay there again. The staff was very pleasant.

Room Tip: The suites next to the office are convenient.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank John769
Thank you for your review, I am glad to see that the layout of our suites worked for every member of the family and you were able to relax and sleep comfortably... the pool is a great part of our property and we thrilled to have it!! We hope that when traveling again to Rockport you would again give us the opportunity to be your host!!! Hope to see you soon!!
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

This hotel and suites is Good, better than Average, but a little short of Very Good. It is right across the street from the town trolley/bus, which runs pretty frequently, and a very short drive to Bearskin neck, or the beaches in Gloucester and Rockport. We stayed for 2 nights and brought our medium sized dog, which we REALLY appreciated ( and paid $30/night extra for). We also appreciate that they let our well behaved dog, stay in the room when we were out, and took our cellphone in case he needed us. This alone is worth SO much to us. Most of the staff were friendly when necessary, though most of them not especially so. The facility is in good shape and clean. The room we stayed in had a slight odor of beach hotel ( damp-must) but compared to many hotels, not too bad. Other than that, the room was very clean and well maintained. I guess the only thing that disappointed me was, that despite the fact that they did not appear to be sold out at anytime during our stay, the woman who checked us in was adamant that check in is at 3 PM, and that she had no larger rooms available. Walking the dog during my stay, it appeared to me, that this wasn't entirely true, and that there likely were rooms ready at 1:30 when we got there. I think she may have assumed that I was looking for complimentary upgrade, rather than realizing that I was simply asking if there was a larger room available at anytime during our stay ( at any price), not necessarily at 1:30 when we were trying to check in. Honestly, she just didn't seem that sincere, and gave me the feeling that she might feel underpaid. Breakfast is standard cold continental fare, though served in a clean dining room. Newspapers were hard to come by, and seemed to be relinquished by the front desk as a definite favor. No sign of waffles nor anything warm other than coffee at breakfast. We'll likely try this place again, and are fairly optimistic that we may have better luck next time. We value hospitality very much, and just a little more of it would likely have gone a long way towards our overall impression. If Trip Advisor had a rating between Average and Very Good ( i.e.- Good) we'd have preferred to chose that in most of our ratings overall, instead of Average. This place is better than Average, but short of Very Good.

Room Tip: Some rooms can be parked in front of, others are in small courtyards, or in the main building. They...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for an honest review of your recent stay, I am glad to hear of the cleanliness levels throughout your stay and appreciate the work the staff does to provide that.. I apologize for you not experiencing our waffles,I have recently discovered a talent for making waffles as well and would love the opportunity to provide that for you again... please consider us again when visiting Rockport and Cape Ann
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Beauport Hotel
#1 of 25 in Rockport
Vista Motel
Vista Motel
#2 of 7 in Gloucester

Been to Rockport Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!