“Great hotel”

Rockport Inn and Suites
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I spent a weekend in Rockport recently,,,
We chosed Rockport Inn because of the good reviews on Tripadvisor,,
We were not disappointed,,,,
Everything was fine except for the sink in the bathroom,,,,
The drain was blocked and was smelling bad,,,,
I left a note to the maid,,,
She also left a note telling me that it was to be repaired soon,,,,
But not before we left,,,,,
When checking out ,,,
I report the problem to the clerk,,,,
(A remark,not a complaint)
Immediately she gave me a refund for $50.00,,,,
I did not ask for anything,,,,,
I want to thank them for their great professionalism,,,,,
I greatly recommand this hotel to everybody,,,,,
Ghislaine Lamothe,,,,
Québec...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
rockportinnsuites, Front Office Manager at Rockport Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a nice review. Our employees enjoy taking the time to make our guests happy and comfortable. We hope to see you again next time you visit Rockport!

There are newer reviews for Rockport Inn and Suites

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

The room was large and nicely decorated but smelled a bit musty. Our room was on the lower level in back, sort of a basement level. It had a small fridge and microwave. Pros: room size and decor, microwave fridge, tennis courts, pool
Cons: location requires car, musty smell

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for leaving us a review. We're glad you were able to enjoy our tennis courts and pool. Those are my two favorite activities at the inn. The next time you come to visit, instead of being on a first floor room, you may like to try a room on the second floor . We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Good sized room. Equipped with 2 double beds, table and 2 chairs, a large TV, also a coffee maker, microwave and fridge. The bed was vey comfortable, but the pillows were a little strange size wise, with four small pillows per bed, rather than two normal sized ones. It is located about 1 mile from the town where the restaurants are. It does, however, have a breakfast room. I didn't use the pool or fitness room.
I needed to stay around after the checkout time and the staff let me store my bags in an unused meeting room. They were also very helpful in arranging taxis for me, letting me make international calls and fax papers.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Here at the Rockport Inn and Suites, we like to make sure that our guests are as comfortable as possible and that they have all the amenities that they could need. Next time you come to visit us please make sure to try our pool and jacuzzi!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Rooms are very spacious and well appointed. The staff are friendly and helpful. The indoor pool area is great. We stayed 3 nights in early September. The motel is clean, plenty of parking and well kept grounds. The only drawback is the location with nothing in walking distance. You have to drive to Rockport or Gloucester (main attraction areas). The breakfast was Ok but limited fare. So many hotels now are using plastic cups and bowls it makes the food taste cheap, hate it. (this is not only a critism of this motel but many USA motels, increasing bad habit and should be banned). The price is probably a bit high given the location.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from main street.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Our indoor pool is the perfect place to relax after a day of exploring. We are only 3/4 of a mile from down town Rockport and during the summer season, the town of Rockport has a shuttle to down town which is conveniently right across the street from us. Thank you for you feedback on our continental breakfast. We like to make sure that all of our guests get breakfast before they start their days. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We came by bike, from Salem and used Rockport Inn and Suites as a base to explore the area.
We got a spacious room with two double beds, a TV, a fridge a coffee making machine and a large bathroom. The continental breakfast was very good! We loved the heated pool and whirlpool. A relaxing dip after a day biking was fantastic!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a lovely review. Rockport is a great town to explore by bike. We're glad you were able to relax in one of our spacious rooms and enjoy our pool. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I only stayed one night at this hotel on a recent holiday.

On arrival the reception staff were freindly and helpful. The rooms are a reasonable size, but both my room and that of another family member travelling with me both had a damp(ish) smell as though they needed to be properly aired.

Decor is a little dated and the whole place is in need of maintenance and a bit of a refurb.

Our bathroom was a little small and dark but the shower worked well enough.

All in all this is not a bad hotel, but it needs some attention to detail as many features have the DIY look and are not properly finished off. It is in my opinion an average 3 star. The issue I have is price at £120 or $200 per night they are charging close to London / NY 4 star prices.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This motel is a "look alike" Marriott Courtyard - very similar in terms of bedding, room layout and decor, lobby, breakfast, etc. It was all good and clean and comfortable, even had a microwave and little fridge. Pool was excellent, towels provided. Did not utilize the breakfast. It is a .6 of a mile walk to the shops of Rockport, easy and convenient, but NOT on the beach, if that's what you are looking for. I would stay again. My only drawback was the pricing, it was a little much for it's location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
rockportinnsuites, General Manager at Rockport Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

What a great time of year to visit Rockport...with so much going on around town and the fantastic weather we are glad you stayed with us!!! With the Trolley across the street it makes getting to those beaches and downtown so much easier...Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I will make sure to share this with our staff!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Ocean House Hotel at Bass Rocks
Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge
Vista Motel
Vista Motel
#2 of 7 in Gloucester

Been to Rockport Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!