“Clean, updated and pet friendly”

Rockport Inn and Suites
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed 7 September 2009

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 August 2009

Well, yes this hotel is newly refurbished. Comfortable new beds, clean carpet, flat screen televisions. Not bad, a bit on the smaller side, but definitely doable with a family of four. We were pleasantly surprised. But disappointment soon set in. It seems that they forgot the little things that maybe they think most travelers will overlook. The bathroom is very small and you need to use it as a dressing area, so a hook on the back of the door would have been nice, but instead it was just the old broken bracket from another hook. The drop ceiling frames were not replaced, so they still are kind of icky looking with rust (just a few examples of the little things). okay, so these things are not deal breakers... But then I tried to give my 1 year old a quick bath. The tub filled up without engaging the drain. It took forever to empty. The front desk could not get anyone to fix it until the next day and said that we could switch rooms. Well, traveling with infant and child, we were kind of settled in, so we decided to wait it out. The next morning, they supposedly fixed it while we were at breakfast. I was told that they put draino down the pipes. I am so glad that they told me that because I did not put my baby back in that tub. the water continued to back up everytime we took a shower. Then, two nights later the toilet backed up. In all fairness to the hotel, I did not complain about the tub again. I figured that it was only for 4 nights and we'll deal with it. But when the front dest clerk had to come and plunge the toilet, I did mention the tub again, telling him that it never got fixed and said that they next people would most likely complain again. you know what the front desk guy said???? "I hope it all works out for you." WTH!! I am not sure if I would recommend this hotel again. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Freeport, ME the first part of the week. We were in a Suite there and the room was less expensive, bigger and cleaner. Also, the HIE had meat in their breakfast buffet, while the Rockport Inn was pretty much a carb-fest. (But it was nice, so I'm not going to complain about the free breakfast) So, with that freshly in my mind, it's hard to say I would come back again. Maybe it would be perfect if the pricing was just a tab a bit lower.
The location was great - I personally wouldn't walk into town (with my child), but if you don't mind walking on a busy street it is close enough. The beaches in the area are fabulous. And the front desk clerks (esp John at check in) were very friendly. - I guess the jury is still out as to whether or not I will book here in the future....

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2009

We picked this place because it was a new hotel and the rates were as good or better than other places we called. The people were friendly and made our stay very pleasant. The complimentary breakfast was good. Based on other stays we've had in Rockport, you really won't find the amenities (newer rooms, nice lobby, workout room, pool, spa, etc.) that are found here. Also, check out the Bean and Leaf for great coffees and amazing desserts! We'll be back, but not until next year :(

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2009

Newly renovated rooms were tastefully decorated, equipped with microwave and mini fridge. Very comfortable beds. Windows that actually open for delightful breezes. Extremely accommodating and friendly staff. We all walked to downtown area on several occasions and found it a reasonable distance with sidewalks and crosswalks for easy travel. Breakfast was continental without hot food choices. Drawback was having to walk outside to go to main section that included pool and front desk areas. Overall a good choice for the price.

Reviewed 5 August 2009

The room I stayed in was oversized and very clean. Refrigerator, microwave, and flat screen TV were included in my room. Extra pillows and blankets were already included without me having to call and ask for additional items, which was nice. Couch pulled out to an additional bed. Bed was extremely comfortable. Front desk staff was courteous and made you feel very welcome. The Inn is within walking to distance to all downtown Rockport attractions. Indoor pool and jacuzzi makes this an excellent choice no matter what time of season.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2009

We spent a week in Rockport at this beautiful Inn and Suites. The staff was so friendly. They genuinely care about their guests. We strongly recommend anyone going to Cape Ann area which includes Gloucester, Rockport, Manchester, Essex to stay at this centrally located Hotel. It is walking distance to the town of Rockport and Bearskin Neck,
and close to the gorgeous and magnificent beaches.

Reviewed 25 July 2009

obviously benefiting from the recent re-furb, the hotel is ideal as a base to explore the area. Whilst there is other 'motel' type accommodation in the town and closer to the waterfront, this suited us very well. Easily accessible by train and short walk, indoor pool, more than adequate breakfast and great service (especially Dottie) all added to a wonderful few days exploring Cape Ann.

1  Thank scotlandj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Ocean House Hotel at Bass Rocks
Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge
Vista Motel
Vista Motel
#2 of 7 in Gloucester

Been to Rockport Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!