“Great view, good apps”

7th Wave Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 53 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The 7th Wave is under new management for the 2017 season! We welcome you to visit us, try our new menu and of course, enjoy the view!
Marco Island, Florida
“Great view, good apps”
Reviewed 15 June 2010

Since our reservation at My Place By The Sea was about an hour later we decided to stop into 7th Wave and have some drinks and apps. The upstairs deck looks great and probably would have been a blast, if it weren't foggy and cold. As such, we had to go downstairs and eat. The room is large and very plain looking with a bar stuffed in the corner entrance by the kitchen doors and a large stove that I am sure comes in handy during the winters. Brick floors and white wood walls round out the look that is rather generic.
Our waitress was VERY attentive and quick with everything we ordered. We got the mussels that came in a nice broth with two pieces of fresh scali bread, as well as the shrimp cocktail. The mussels were very tatstey, although we would occasionally get a grain or two of sand in a bite. The shrimp were decent sized and nicely chilled, although they could definitely use a cocktail sauce with a little zing to it to spice up the taste.
Overall this is a pleasant place, but would have been worth its weight in gold if we could have made use of the roof deck...next time!

Connecticut
“So much better than we expected!”
Reviewed 29 May 2010

My husband and I have been coming to Rockport for many years now, but have never found a dinner restaurant in town worthy of a second trip...until now!

This place knows their seafood, and knows how to cook it well! Often, at restaurants we're stuck with rubbery shrimp or gray seafood. Not here!

Our roof top dinner at 7th Wave tonight was just wonderful and the view couldn't be beat! The clam and haddock chowder was one of the best I've ever had, and the shrimp cocktail was - in my husband's words - "THE best he's ever had". Cooked perfectly!

The lobster roll was huge and not over-dressed! And the tuna sandwich with dill mayo was lovely. The fries are pretty good too (sweet potato were better than the regular).

A word to the wise - be careful...the drinks are STRONG but so good! I recommend the Pear-tini.

We will definitely return next time we're in town.

Cape Cod
“Unpretentious”
Reviewed 14 May 2010

The views are unbeatable. The fish and chips were good, portions average, price a little high. Service slow but friendly. What more do you really want at Bearskin neck? The atmosphere is casual. I went in the fall, but noticed they have a roof deck that I can't wait to try in the summer.

Very romantic.

Worcester
“Go somwhere else”
Reviewed 24 August 2009

I had dinner at the 7th this past Saturday night. I should have known when we went inside at 6:30 and there was only one other table, that something wasn't right. Every other restaurant in Rockport had a wait. The view and the service were fine. However the food wa so bland. My boyfriend ordered a shark sandwich which had no flavor. I ordered the surf and turf. Again, no flavor. Did they remove the flavor?? We split the buffalo wings as an appetizer, which were quite good. But when you come to Rockport, you except fresh seafood. We didn't get it.
The prices are reasonable, but for the quality of food, why bother? There are other restaurants to eat at in Rockport; pick one them.