“Excellent ”

and 1 more site!
Lantana House
Ranked #9 of 24 Rockport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Beautiful B&B in the very hearth of Rockport. Very kind family, cozy and clean room, free internet and parking. We booked through booking.com, found the place very easily, they were waiting for us. Everything was perfect!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
rcnestel, Owner at Lantana House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Lantana House

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My daughter gave us tickets to a show at the Shalin Liu Performance Center in Rockport for Christmas. Never being there, she picked a hotel (The Lantana House B&B) off of the internet, based on the location which was a 1-2 minute walk down the road to the Shalin Liu, and the reviews online. She did a great job! We were a little nervous, as we are not B&B type people. We are very private and don't like to be in other people's houses. We don't even stay with family when we travel. The Nestels seem like really nice people, so any awkwardness we felt was obviously on our part, according to other reviews.

We arrived at the B&B after a 4-1/4 hour (usually 2 hour) drive, in a snowstorm. Richard & Tracey Nestel (the owners) greeted us at the door with their two young dogs. We love dogs and got plenty of welcome kisses from them. Don't worry, for those who don't like dogs, they were behind a gate, so no contact is necessary, and they don't bark.

They brought us up to our room which I think was #3, on the left up the spiral stairs. It gave me the feeling of being at my grandmothers house when I was a kid (not a bad thing at all). The bed (two twins to make up a king) was very comfortable. There was a small refrigerator at the bottom of the stairs where we could store things if we wanted. Unfortunately, we did and then forgot them when we left.

We were the only guests there that night, and asked them not to make a big deal over us for breakfast. My husband doesn't eat breakfast and I didn't want them to fuss for me, but they still provided bagels, english muffins, plenty of spread options, granola, cereal and fruit tray & juice. I don't drink coffee but my husband said it was good, (and he's pretty picky about coffee).

There is private parking out back which was nice to have. We were able to start our car the next morning to warm it up, without worrying about leaving it running while we were inside.

While I can't imagine needing to be in Rockport again, I would definitely stay there again if the need arose.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

My wife, dog and myself recently spent three nights at the Lantana. We didn't see any other comparable place we would have liked better. It's centrally located with everything in Rockport an easy stroll away. The inn is an older three-story house with no elevator but has rooms on the ground floor for those not wanting to climb the stairs. We had the upper room with the kitchen and will ask for it again on our next trip. It served a cold breakfast with plenty of options including freshly made coffee cake and cinnamon rolls.

Room Tip: Room at the top. It's worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank steve j

We hope you come again. It was great having you.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

very nice people running this b&B that is in a good location. very good breakfast, especially the homemade granola, we were traveling with another couple and took the suite on the top floor with 2 bedrooms and a kitchen (that could be very handy but we did not use.) the place was solidly good, clean and friendly.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
rcnestel, Owner at Lantana House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2016

Thank you for coming and writing a review. Please come again.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I typically love b&b's because the people who run them like to cook breakfast and like to converse. This was neither. The room was just OK - bed was too hard and the bathroom a bit out dated. The room seemed clean. However, there were a couple of spots on the sheets that had they been white could have been bleached out. Also the 2 chairs in the bedroom were just OK comfort-wise.
The location is great - you're 2 blocks from the main street so you don't need a car. Plus if the weather is nice there is a deck with a couple of tables that you can sit at. There is a front porch with chairs and tables.
One issue I had with this b&b is the breakfast. I've had fantastic breakfasts at b&b's - this was not one of them. It was purely continental breakfast with very limited choice of cereal. Lots of fruit choices though and usually one baked good.
Also don't forget you're shampoo or body lotion because they don't provide any.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
rcnestel, Owner at Lantana House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2016

Thank you for coming and writing a review. Please come again.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

The Lantana House is a very nice place to stay when visiting the Rockport, MA area. Our host Richard and Tracy do a wonderful job of keeping the inn top notch. Our room was very clean and quite appealing to the eye.

Another inn in town of which I had tried to reserve a room, that we had visited previously, was already book, so the inn keeper there recommended the Lantana House to us of which we discovered why. That's because it is a fine place to stay.

The inn is located in town whereby one can walk to all the restaurants with very little effort. Also, the inn has a very charming front porch, nicely furnished, which sits high above the street providing a nice atmosphere whereas one can sit and relax comfortably and unnoticed.

I informed Richard that I am a very early riser, of which he made sure that I was setup with hot water and a French coffee pot. Kudos Richard.

We certainly would stay here again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2 with a king bed, very nice room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stuh101

We look forward to your return. You are the perfect guest.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

The Lantana House is a welcoming and meticulously clean B&B! Richard and Tracy are perfect hosts, very accommodating and respectful of personal space. Patient, kind and friendly are just some of the ways I would describe them. We had such an amazing stay there, homemade blueberry cake, cinnamon rolls and granola! The bed was perfect, slept like a baby. Located perfectly in the beautiful town of Rockport walking distance to the water and everything else you may need or want. When visiting Rockport, I will not stay anywhere else!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Maggie W
rcnestel, Owner at Lantana House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2016

Thank you for coming and writing a nice review. Please come again.