“Good local seafood”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Restaurant tucked at the back of a take-away with great views over the harbour. Good local seafood, well cooked and simply served. Inexpensive wine list and excellent espresso. Service friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

our innkeeper highly recommended this place for a casual enjoyable seafood meal and what he right!! this place is right on the water with a menu that has lobster, scallops, grilled and fried fish and of course chowder. I had the blue lobster scallops and my wife has lobster risotto and they both were prepared perfectly. the service was good and when I am back in the spring I will definitely be back

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was in the area on vacation with friends and we were needing a quiet night in. The Blue Lobster Grille was recommended by our innkeeper when we were looking for someplace that did take-out. Easy to find location, fast service and excellent food. I had the Lobster Bisque and Crab Cake appetizer ... very yummy! Great value for the money. Would definitely recommend them and will be visitng them again when I'm back in the area.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Went with 6 lady friends on a weekend trip to Rockport. It took a few minutes once we sat down to be waited on, but it was well worth the wait. And to be fair, we were seated right behind another large party, and we were waiting on a few more of us, who went to feed the meter. Once our orders were taken, the waitress couldn't have been kinder and more delightful.
We were seated on the street side, so lacked the view available in the back, but that was fine. We got to people watch...and dog watch out the window. The clam chowder & french onion soup were both very tasty, and the crab and avocado sandwich was meaty and hit the spot. The sandwiches are served on a toasted sourdough bread, which adds a great flavor. The fries are very good, also. The best sandwich, though, hands down, was the lobster BLT. I've ordered these elsewhere to find that they were lacking in lobster meat...but these were chock full of meat, and cooked just right. We would definitely return.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

The Blue Lobster was a great choice. It was recommended by our innkeeper. We dined as a family including small children. The menu had something for everyone. Everything was presented beautifully and tasted even better. I had the lazy mans lobster my husband was more daring having the hot boiled lobster, they both were fresh and delicious! We will defiantly be back!