“Not a what you may think”
Review of Peg Leg Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockport
Peg Leg Inn
Ranked #16 of 24 Rockport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 June 2013

The view was outstanding. If you like a bar of soap, towels cut up pound cake, Sunny delight for breakfast and an AC that can't keep up with the heat for almost $200.00 a night then this place is for you! The bed was hard and you can hear the springs as you turn to your side. Our room was upstairs and the AC could not keep up. The breakfast, although continental, had cut up muffins and pound cake, some fruit and bread, with an awful OJ replacement. No blow dryer or other frills.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ThomasCo

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Having searched the internet for a bed and breakfast in the Cape Ann region this one stood out for location. My colleague and I had rooms 2 and 3 and it was a perfect local for a restful escape. Rooms were clean and not dreary or dark like many bed and breakfast rooms. Bathrooms had bath tub, though not any place on the sink to put toiletries. And the deck outside was perfect for sipping wine (bring your own, no liquor stores in Rockport) and watching the waves hit the sand. What a view! So nice to fall asleep to the sound of the waves. This was an Inn experience not really bed and breakfast as breakfast was a nonevent, raison toast or dry english muffin. That's the only think lacking is the attention to detail in the breakfast, could have been much better, and we would have enjoyed sitting in the dining room with all the history around us. Walking distance to town with lots of little shops and a few eating places. If a slower pace, friendly folks and beautiful coast appeals to you Rockport is a good destination. Take the train (close to Peg Leg) to Salem or Glouster and we even caught the train to Boston. Looking forward to visiting Rockport again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I have been staying at the Peg Leg Inn for many years, and it never fails to heal me. It is low-tech, for sure, but I find that comforting. We were in Room 2 this time, and had a wonderful view. The bed was cozy, and the maple furniture was sweet in a "visiting Grandmother" sort of way. Things have changed over the years, but the Peg Leg is always magical to me. The owner, Mike, could not have been more gracious, and Ted, the manager was helpful in every way, from dining advice to mailing back the umbrella we left behind. As with many places, there need to be more outlets for charging those electronics we can't live without, and I made that suggestion. I was given the impression that certain updates were to be made in the off season. Rockport itself is a lovely town, and I found the people to be so forthcoming, even at the end of the season, when they might have been a little sick of us! I will say that I have traveled quite a bit, and can stay pretty much where I want to, and when I want to remember who I am, I long for Rockport and the Peg Leg Inn.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JannS8
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This place is in a great location, but the place is so ramshackled, disorganized, and mundane in atmosphere. We were with another couple, and their a/c was broken. The innkeeper told them that, and made absolutely no apologies. The place was closed up the next morning (off-site management had locked the doors to the lobby and left) so we could not even get a cup of coffee at 7:30 in the morning - had to walk down the street and buy a cup!
I would not recommend Peg Leg Inn to anybody!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Amy M
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Location was fantastic. Had some charm but felt was overpriced for what we got. We paid extra to get a two bedroom unit because we were going with another couple and thought it would be nice. Their idea of a two bedroom was a queen bed in the living room and a bedroom with two doubles in it. No kitchenette just a tiny frig and table for 2. Deck and view of beach direct across street was great. Would I stay there again? No

Room Tip: You choose for size or view.
2  Thank TMCrossman
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Peg Leg Inn for two nights in July. The location of the Inn is perfect and right across from the beach. Parking can be an issue in Rockport but the Peg Leg provided us with great parking for our entire trip. Our room was very clean and the owner was very attentive. Breakfast was nice and included breads, danish, yogurt, fruit, etc. If you decide to take a walk all of the shops and resaurants are within walking distance. Rockport is a great little town worth checking out. We had a lot of fun and would definitely return.

Room Tip: You have to ask for a room with air conditioning if this is important to you because not all of the...
2  Thank LyndaHen
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My wife and I stumbled across The Peg Leg Inn in Rockport on the internet searching for a last minute vacation in Cape Ann, perfect nearly beach front New England Inn (only a riad seperates it from the panarama, Location price and accomodation can not be beat.

Room Tip: water front with a/c in july
1  Thank lanier2