“Sunrise and Relaxing”
Review of Peg Leg Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockport
Peg Leg Inn
Ranked #16 of 24 Rockport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 August 2013

The view is so beautiful and sunrise came right in the window. The waves all night were perfect to sleep by. Could walk everywhere and Michael the owner was helpful with places to go and see. It is a low-tech - no internet in rooms which can be nice! This a quaint B&B - no frills, clean with beautiful light in the rooms. They provide a parking space which is hard to find in Rockport! The view is fantastic. If you are high maintenance this is not your place but if you want a lovely, relaxing place to restore your soul - then this is a wonderful place. Nice room AC that I didn't need.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Beth R

Reviewed 7 July 2013

I read the previous reviews and was a little concerned, but since I had seen the place on a previous visit we decided to go for it and we were not disappointed. This historic inn was built back in the 1800's so keep in mind, you are not staying at a massive hotel. It directly faces the water with a clear and unobstructed view of the ocean. It has massive decks on each floor and is just fantastic for sitting out in the evening having whatever you like to drink.

Speaking of drinking, I saw many reviews talking about the drunkin owner. I was looking for him and never found him. I did talk with the man who identified himself as the owner and never saw him drunk...we were quite disappointed at missing the show. Anyway, he was quite nice as was Ted who checked us in and out. No issues at all.

The room is normal size for a Inn and was very basic. The bed was a little hard but after a couple of cocktails on the deck, we did not care. Bring your own shampoo as the room does not come with it, but ours had a fridge and everything else we needed.

The coffee at breakfast is great and it is a typical continental one with rolls, and fruit, etc. We were pleased with it and later went next door to Nate's for eggs...that place is excellent. In closing, we enjoyed the place and would not hesitate to go back.

Room Tip: Face the ocean....it is great
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PatrickLongBeach
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We just had a wonderful trip to Rockport with stay at the Peg Leg Inn. As usual, Michael was charming and welcoming. Our room was very clean and cozy. We fell asleep to the restful sounds of the ocean right outside the door. I have been staying the the Peg Leg for about 23 years. The breakfast is continental but very well done. The diningroom where breakfast is served is very cozy and garden like. We had room 4 on the first level deck.
We will return hopefully soon!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are clean and comfortable and lovely. However, my favorite is probably Room 8.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patricia D
Reviewed 3 June 2013

The view was outstanding. If you like a bar of soap, towels cut up pound cake, Sunny delight for breakfast and an AC that can't keep up with the heat for almost $200.00 a night then this place is for you! The bed was hard and you can hear the springs as you turn to your side. Our room was upstairs and the AC could not keep up. The breakfast, although continental, had cut up muffins and pound cake, some fruit and bread, with an awful OJ replacement. No blow dryer or other frills.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ThomasCo
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Having searched the internet for a bed and breakfast in the Cape Ann region this one stood out for location. My colleague and I had rooms 2 and 3 and it was a perfect local for a restful escape. Rooms were clean and not dreary or dark like many bed and breakfast rooms. Bathrooms had bath tub, though not any place on the sink to put toiletries. And the deck outside was perfect for sipping wine (bring your own, no liquor stores in Rockport) and watching the waves hit the sand. What a view! So nice to fall asleep to the sound of the waves. This was an Inn experience not really bed and breakfast as breakfast was a nonevent, raison toast or dry english muffin. That's the only think lacking is the attention to detail in the breakfast, could have been much better, and we would have enjoyed sitting in the dining room with all the history around us. Walking distance to town with lots of little shops and a few eating places. If a slower pace, friendly folks and beautiful coast appeals to you Rockport is a good destination. Take the train (close to Peg Leg) to Salem or Glouster and we even caught the train to Boston. Looking forward to visiting Rockport again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I have been staying at the Peg Leg Inn for many years, and it never fails to heal me. It is low-tech, for sure, but I find that comforting. We were in Room 2 this time, and had a wonderful view. The bed was cozy, and the maple furniture was sweet in a "visiting Grandmother" sort of way. Things have changed over the years, but the Peg Leg is always magical to me. The owner, Mike, could not have been more gracious, and Ted, the manager was helpful in every way, from dining advice to mailing back the umbrella we left behind. As with many places, there need to be more outlets for charging those electronics we can't live without, and I made that suggestion. I was given the impression that certain updates were to be made in the off season. Rockport itself is a lovely town, and I found the people to be so forthcoming, even at the end of the season, when they might have been a little sick of us! I will say that I have traveled quite a bit, and can stay pretty much where I want to, and when I want to remember who I am, I long for Rockport and the Peg Leg Inn.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JannS8
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This place is in a great location, but the place is so ramshackled, disorganized, and mundane in atmosphere. We were with another couple, and their a/c was broken. The innkeeper told them that, and made absolutely no apologies. The place was closed up the next morning (off-site management had locked the doors to the lobby and left) so we could not even get a cup of coffee at 7:30 in the morning - had to walk down the street and buy a cup!
I would not recommend Peg Leg Inn to anybody!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Amy M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Rockport Inn and Suites
#6 of 6 in Rockport
Eagle House Beachside
Eagle House Beachside
#5 of 6 in Rockport

Been to Peg Leg Inn? Share your experiences!