“Outstanding”

Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Excellent experience in every way. The staff was very accommodating, courteous and helpful. Delivered everything that was advertised. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Location was perfect, situated right on the water. We would return without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bearskinecklodge, Owner at Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Hello,

Thank you so much for the lovely review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge. The weather is only getting better this summer! We hope to see you again in Rockport.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have chosen this motel because of good reviews. It is not bad but DOES NOT COST $ 188.00
per night. And You can hear everything your neighbours talk and do!! Rockport has only couple of restaurants and they all close by 8 PM. I drove 5 hours from New York and really regret it...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Marusya757

Hello,

I so sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay in Rockport. Rockport is a small and charming seaside town in New England. As a small town, Rockport does have quite a few restaurants, but perhaps not as much as a larger city may offer. Many restaurants do close between 8-9 PM. However, Rockport is nestled in Cape Ann, a lovely cape holding Gloucester, Manchester, and Essex all within 10 minutes of one another. Between all of Cape Ann there are countless restaurants to visit, and many that are open later than 9 PM.

I am sorry if there was any confusion over our room rates. Our room rates for the 2014 season are listed on our website and given when any guest books with us here. Previous reviews about price may not reflect current prices here at the Lodge. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The view is perfect . We enjoyed one clear blue sky, sunny day and the next day with mist and chilly. Either way, it was memorable. Even better is the sound of the waves that are right outside your door!! It is relaxing in a way difficult to describe. I feel this place exceeded our expectations. We found it very clean, well organized and suited our needs. Will definitely return. You can park your car there and walk just about anywhere you might desire. This place is a jewel.

Room Tip: all room have terrific view....
1  Thank JDLondonGal

Hello,

Thank you so much for the lovely review and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I love that you pointed out both the sunny & over cast day. I always tell people when the sky is overcast and the wind in blowing, the ocean is absolutely gorgeous. There is nothing quite like crashing waves that just lull you to sleep. I am glad you were able to enjoy one of my favorite experiences about being here at Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This lodge has the best location and view in Rockport. The staff was friendly and the view from your room was great. Listen to the waves hit the rocks feet from your room window. We spent the day walking and eating around Rockport then came back to the room to enjoy a glass of wine as the sun set. I could not have been happier with the Bearskin's location... also very clean!

Room Tip: Get wine or beer before you go to Rockport, only restaurants can sell alcohol with meal.

Hello,

Thank you so much for the nice review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. There is nothing more romantic or relaxing than enjoying a bottle of wine out on the back deck looking out at the ocean. We hope to see you back in Rockport soon!

Also, thank you so much pointing out how clean the rooms are. Cleanliness is a priority here at the lodge. Our housekeeper, Janine, works tirelessly to make sure that every day the rooms look as good as our ocean view!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My husband took there for romantic get away. This hotel is located right on Bearskin Neck, across from my favorite strudel place. Close to all stores and restaurants. Looks like the hotel was recently renovated, beautiful view from the rooms. The owner was very nice. Overall great experience, would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elena T

Hello,

Thank you for the great review. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Rockport. Thank you so much for the nice words about us as well. We are new owners and absolutely love running the lodge. It is nice to hear that you are enjoying our improvements (newly renovated rooms)-- we strive to make the lodge better each year. We hope to see you again when you return to Rockport.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here this past while attending a wedding. The staff (owner) was amazing. There was a change in the rehearsal site and she had all the info waiting for us! She was extremely accommodating and so friendly! The room was very clean and the property is just gorgeous with stunning views! I highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2014
Bearskinecklodge, Owner at Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hello,

Thank you so much for the nice review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and I hope you had fun at the wedding! We hope to see you again if you are ever in Massachusetts.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I booked a room for myself and two daughters here during Memorial Day weekend, and had a great and relaxing stay. My biggest concern with Rockport is always the parking situation. I was really impressed with how friendly the owner is. I called a few days ahead and she told me it was no problem to park anytime after 11 am on the day of checkin, and she also let us keep the car there a few extra hours on the day of checkout. The room opens up to a balcony with a beautiful view of the water below. I found the room to be extremely clean and comfortable. I was concerned about noise since I am usually a very light sleeper, but we slept like babies and I never heard a peep during the night. This is a great base from which you can go to the beach or explore the shops and sweets that Rockport has to offer. I also found the price extremely reasonable. I am sure we will stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the water, so you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hello,

Thank you so much for the amazing review. It was a pleasure having you and your children stay with us. I am glad you got to enjoy everything that Rockport had to offer with good weather over the weekend. We hope to see you on your next trip!

Krystle

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Rockport Inn and Suites
#3 of 7 in Gloucester
Eagle House Motel
Eagle House Motel
#6 of 6 in Rockport

Been to Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!