“Across-the-board great”
Review of Eagle House Motel

Eagle House Motel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I have been going to Rockport for over 20 years. I have stayed at many of the motels and hotels in the area- they're hit-and-miss but being in Rockport usually is worth whatever terrible accommodations I have. I loved my experience at the Eagle House. The staff was incredibly kind and helpful, and the owner- who is actually in the office every day- went above and beyond trying to help me find a place to stay when I decided to extend my trip. I stayed at the Cleaves Street location which, while it didn't have an ocean view, I hardly seemed to care. It was located wonderfully in town and had great seating areas outside to enjoy views. The room was very clean and bright (I consider bright to be a perk because nothing is more depressing than a dark, dingy room- especially after a day at the beach). It was perfectly priced too. Would recommend and plan on staying there again in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 100racheln

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent team, very friendly and helpfull. Clean pretty cosy rooms. Very good price/quality. Good point to go diving, place for equipment washing / cleaning. Visit the very nice city of Rockport. People here welcime you as a friend.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The motel is clean, everything was working. I loved to have a little kitchen area with microwave, coffeemaker and refrigerator. The room was nicely decorated - not a boring kind of chain motels rooms. Price was right - $130 mid-summer on a weekend! In a middle of everything - and in the same time on a quiet street with barely any traffic at all. I am big on outside spaces - just got to have a balcony or porch for some quiet time for myself. My room #3 shared an outside area with a bench with room #2 - and being so close to the office I was disappointed at first, but as soon as I discovered a large outside area behind the motel around the corner from my room with tables and kitchen (!!!) I was very pleased. I had the whole area for myself for a couple of evenings, just took my snacks with me (plates, glasses, running water - the outside kitchen had everything!) and enjoyed piece and quiet... There were people going by the room's window so I had to keep blinds closed at all times, but I was mostly out enjoying the lovely Rockport, so it was not a problem. Tip: if you are a coffee drinker make sure to grab coffee bags from the office ahead of time - there are no supplies of them in rooms and if you remember about it when the office is closed you are out of luck.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank GreenMR
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We chose Eagle House (with advice from TA ) for our annual friend summer getaway. Eagle House is perfectly located to everything in Rockport and the staff could not be kinder, more accommodating or charming. Our room was ready upon arrival and we were allowed to check in before noon. Made it easy to hit the beach for the afternoon. Gary is an excellent host: there if you need him but in no way intrusive or " hovering". Our room (#2) with two beds was on the main floor; only a few stairs. Smallish rooms but more than made up for by the location, great staff and cleanliness of our room. These rooms are comfortable and clean enough to satisfy my Grandmother and she was a clean freak! One can walk to the beach in less than five minutes. Ten minutes to the Neck and dining establishments. Galleries and shops welcoming and priced with something for everyone. In three days we did not move our car, not even once. Travel tip: no cocktail lounges or bars exist in Rockport. Restaurants have liquor licenses running from beer & wine to full cocktail licenses but one must purchase food to be allowed to be served alcohol. Maybe bring along a few toddies to keep in your room? Lovely outside areas at Eagle House that are perfect for cocktail hour! Many thanks to Gary and his wonderful staff for making our stay so very nice.
A polite reminder to fellow travelers:
A gratuity to the housekeeping staff is the right thing to do.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Auntie1949
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing service. Very clean. All around excellent motel!
Bernadette was incredibly helpful when we enquired as to local restaurants. On our rainy day she had recommendations for us as to what to do.
Our room was the perfect quaint little unit that we were looking for.
Planning on returning next summer again.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Though the room was small, it was just fine for a weekend getaway. The bed was comfortable, the AC worked well, the staff was very nice, parking was convenient, and the location is super. Plus, the price was reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Two very comfortable double beds, cool bedsheets, many pillows, no rugs, a large balcony, excellent service at a good price, what more can we ask for? At a very short distance from the beach so that one does not need to use the car. Pretty shops with friendly owners, lovely bookstores and galleries, (check out Art Longwood Books!!) all in all, Rockport is an excellent destination for smart travellers, and Eagle House is highly recommendable. Don't expect to find any bars in Rockport as there are none. But the veranda at Eagle House is a nice place to have a drink and play scrabble!

Room Tip: The room closer to UU church has windows on three sides so there is no need for a/c, even on warm n...