“A pleasant experience”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We did not call ahead and make reservations so we did not get an oceanview table. It was Saturday night so I almost expected to be turned away but we were seated almost immediately.
I ordered the clam chowder. It was flavorful but on the thin side. I like my clam chowder thick. It had a great flavor and was chock full of clams. I split a clam roll with my sister and we both loved it. The clams were crispy but tender and delicious. We each had a dessert. Mine was a caramel crème brulee. The coating on the brulee was fantastic and the dessert was nice and light. The perfect ending to the meal. Our server was excellent. She was attentive and positive. This was not my first visit to Brackett's, I've been coming for years. I consider it a hidden gem because the storefront is unimpressive and you really can't see the ocean from the front window. I highly recommend Brackett's for your next lunch or dinner in Rockport.

1  Thank Chatelaine08

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Loved this place. Had clam chowder and told my husband I think this chowder has the most clams I ever have had. I had the fried clam strips and my husband had fried shrimp. You have a great choice of sides. Any place you sit in Restaurant is a great view. The service was great and food delicious. This place was recommended by the owner at the B&B (The Seafarer Inn) we were staying at and he did not steer us wrong. Rockport is a great city to visit and every time we told someone we were going to Rockport they said oh I love that place.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stopped in at Brackett's for a quick lunch this past Saturday while shopping on the wharf. As a vegetarian, there were not many options for me to choose from and when we saw something I'd eat in their menu (which was posted in the window) we decided to give it a try. What a pleasant surprise. The dining room was on the water and freshly painted in beautiful pastel colors. We were shown to a table at the window by our waitress who was very friendly and helpful. My wrap was delicious as was my husband's lobster casserole. The prices were good as well. The best surprise for us was the Beets my husband ordered as a side. They were delicious. We mentioned how good they were to the waitress and she brought us back the recipe from the Chef/Owner. We will definitely make Brackett's a stop on our next trip to Rockport!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Friday evening 8pm. No reservation, but given sea view table. Friendly staff. Good choice of seafood. The better of the two choices was the baked haddock rather than the fried clams. Two sides: mash and butternut squash, plentiful and filling. No room for dessert.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Bracketts has delicous food, affordable prices and a view of the beautiful ocean !!The service is excellent, and the waitressess are friendly with an outstanding knowledge of the food they serve!!