“Very good”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rockport
Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Canada
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Was there with my wife for 3 days at the end of July 2013. We liked it a lot. Small beach and shops/ restaurants all within 5 min's walking. Micro wave and fridge came in handy. Clean and spacious room that was quiet during the night. Very pleasant experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
St. Louis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

My family of four stayed here in the middle of July, 2013, and I’m a bit conflicted on my stay. We’ve stayed at all kinds of hotels/motels/B&B’s over the years, but this place was just a bit off so I’m just going to do a list of pros and cons:

Pros: Room was a good size and clean. Close to all the restaurants and shops of Rockport, and across the street from a nice little beach with a nice view of the water. Had no issues with parking and the price was ok for a place on the water. We stayed at 5 hotels on this trip and the beds here were among the most comfortable.

Cons: On arrival we entered an office on the first floor of the building. The door was open and there were quite a few flies buzzing around. A young woman was working the desk, and checked us in without issue and offered to walk us to our room. We were in the room on the upper right end of the main building, which required us to carry all of our bags up a steep interior staircase. Upon entering the room, she turned the A/C on, as it was pretty hot and stuffy (the room didn’t really cool down until overnight). Turns out the main reason she walks you up is to explain how the satellite TV works and all the fees for breaking the rules (so much of a fine for smoking, so much of a fine for losing a key). I asked for the card she was reading from and she said they couldn’t afford to hand them out. I had read in a previous review that you had to ask for coffee so I did, and she stated she would make coffee at 8:00 AM the next morning. So off to explore the town we went. Next morning, we went for a walk at 7:55 , no coffee. We returned at 8:30, coffee had been made and was gone, and a guest was making more. Loaded up and no sign of anyone, so I called the number on the wall and was told to leave the key on the counter. I’ve stayed at small family run places, but never one where you didn’t see any staff. Also, the bathroom was extremely small, think cruise ship with a couple of extra square feet. No vanity to put your stuff on, and 2 of the light bulbs in the bath were missing.
So…..not a bad place, just a bit strange. Maybe I hit them on an off day?

Room Tip: might be best to ask for one of the rooms that are in the single story building to the left of the m...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Warsaw, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

My family and I just returned from Rockport MA. What a nice little motel The Eagle House Beachside Motel is. It has a nice view of the ocean, right across from Front Beach. We spent lots of time at the beach. The rooms were very clean, the staff was always available for any questions. It is within walking distance of great shopping.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kandie G
berlin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

december 2012; this place worth a 5000 miles trip from berlin germany!
we planed to stay one night and came back after a trip to toronto to stay for some other 3 nights.
thanks god there a still places like this!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Northern Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

This was my second extended work stay at the Innkeeper’s Eagle House properties. I stayed at the Eagle House Motel which is behind the tall white church on Main Street back in October 2009. I returned and stayed for two weeks at the Eagle House Beachside which is across the road from Front Beach on Sandy Bay. The inn is very convenient to the best of Rockport including the new Shalin Liu performing arts center, nice art galleries and shops, a few restaurants, the beach and Bearskin Neck. My room was very large, clean, and had a king-size bed, two rocking chairs, and a mini-frig, microwave and coffee maker plus a sizable table at the large front window that looks out on the old parish cemetery and to the left Sandy Bay. I found the area and the room very quiet. I listened to the waves pounding the shore several nights during mild stormy weather as I usually left the window open a bit when in the room. The innkeeper had a bit of maintenance going on as he continues to improve the property. The innkeeper, Gary, accepts feedback readily and was amiable to my requests of only having room service when requested. I would stay at the Beachside again and recommend it especially given its location and overall value.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TheBeales
BAYTOWN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

This cute little place has a million dollar view. The staff was very friendly and the room very neat and clean. The beds were comfy and did I mention the view? It is walking distance to the shops and places to eat. The parking was close to our room and the grounds were so pleasent. The beach is across the street and so picturesque. We will stay again!

Room Tip: Parking is close to all rooms, our corner room was quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank apointintime
punta gorda florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

wonderful experience staying at this motel.upon arrival we discovered we were on the second floor,oops, bad knees were both our problems,but bernadette,a lovely young lady helped carry our luggage up the stairs, with us limping behind her! the room was spacious with nice view of front beach.didn't want to get out of the bed in the morning because of the comfort of the plush mattress.would reccomend this propery highly! price on the water can't be beat!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Rockport Inn and Suites
#1 of 7 in Gloucester
Eagle House Motel
Eagle House Motel
#5 of 6 in Rockport

Been to Eagle House Beachside? Share your experiences!