“Really enjoyed our stay here”

Eagle House Beachside
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Recently spent two nights here while in the Boston area. Room was very nicely decorated (elegantly "beachy") and spacious. Plenty of room for my husband, my four year old, and myself to spread out our belongings. Bathroom is small but nice. We had a room with two queen beds (#14). Nice little patio to sit on outside. The best part is the location....directly across the street from a wonderful beach that takes 30 seconds to walk to. My daughter loved it. They have a sprayer by the main building for spraying sand off when you return. Also a very short walk down the street to Bearskin Neck w/ all the shops and restaurants. Would definitely stay here again. There is sometimes no staff on site and you have to call for service (hair dryer, locked self out of room, etc...), which can be spotty, but we would definitely still return here again. Beds were also very comfy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kateben05

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I don't know how I found this place but it was great! A gorgeous room overlooking the ocean was very comfortable. We enjoyed our 2 night stay a bit off the beaten path was very quiet. However when we needed something a couple if times, there was no staff around. We would definitely go back!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband and I came for a quick overnight get away. I fell in love with room #8 on the web page and it did not disappoint us. We had a great experience from the moment we pulled in and were greeted by Gary, the owner who helped us check in. The room was large and airy and the bow window opened to the beach across the street. We fell asleep to the waves crashing and woke up to the same. The bed was huge and very comfortable. By 9pm it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop, guess Rockport rolls in the sidewalks early! For anyone who wants night time entertainment, Gloucester was only 5 miles away and hopping. The wifi worked well, didn't keep disconnecting like so many other places we've been and we had numerous TV channels, although we sat and listened to the waves instead. Outside our door is a large deck with sofas, tables and chairs. The bathroom looks newly renovated and the room had so many little touches that made it special. We haven't checked out yet but are planning our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anna Z
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I am so thrilled to have found this little place here on Tripadvisor! The room was very clean, the beds were sooo comfortable with memory foam on them. My cousin and I were planning on only staying one night but loved it so much that we stayed 2 nights. We had the top floor with a by window overlooking the ocean. We could hear the tide come in, it was so peaceful. The ocean is just right down the driveway. The town is so quaint! We wished we could stay the whole week. I will definitely be back. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Asking for a top floor gives a better view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed here on the last night of our New England trip. First, I loved Rockport! It is exactly what I had hoped to see in New England. We took a bizillion photos! The shops and eating places were great! This was the perfect place for our last stop.
I researched almost every place to stay in Rockport. I chose the Eagle House because of the location and reasonable price. The Eagle House looks over a little slice of beach at the end of the village area. We were able to hear softly lapping waves all night with our window slightly open. Heavenly! The room itself was nice. It has been remodeled and updated. Reminded me of some European places we have stayed. The bathroom was small but clean. The bed was comfy and the linens good. The desk clerk was very helpful and friendly. I was pleased with our stay there.
We ended up going to see the end of day on a type of boat launch area across from the main village. It was so beautiful watching day turn to night and the village lights twinkling on across the harbor. I cannot fully describe the beauty of Rockport. I must visit here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LovinTheJourney
Reviewed 28 October 2013

What a lovely surprise to discover Eagle House Beachside is one, really beachside, and two, within a minute's walk of everything downtown Rockport. We stayed in a room above the Office facing out to sea. Our first impression was that of a Caribbean guest room. Spacious, clean, bright, and a picture window looking out over the bay. Oh, beyond that (had to catch my breath), a comfortable king-size bed, large TV screen, frig, microwave, coffee maker, adequate bathroom, and a large back deck to share with the other upstairs rooms (around 8 - 10 in total). We were in town for a concert and literally had a two minute casual walk to the venue. Dogs played on the beach with their owners and fishing boats passed by on their way out. What a lovely visit as Rockport slowly winds down after a busy summer and fall. Ideal location.

Room Tip: The rooms above the office are the ones facing the sea, why be elsewhere?
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MacD-NC
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

A spacious and comfortable room with a great view. Just over a quiet road from the beach. Very well priced. A short walk into the heart of Rockport which is a picturesque small town, in a some what touristy low key sort of way. Lots of gift shops and art galleries. A great breakfast is to be had in a diner virtually next door.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Rockport Inn and Suites
Cape Ann's Marina Resort
#6 of 7 in Gloucester
Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites

Been to Eagle House Beachside? Share your experiences!