“Owner was MIA, unprofessional”
Review of Old Farm Inn

Old Farm Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockport
Old Farm Inn
Ranked #23 of 24 Rockport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Came up to Rockport for a friend's wedding, and decided to stay at the inn since it was really close to the reception site. The convenience of the location was probably the only good thing about the place. When we arrived on Friday afternoon, the place appeared to be deserted. There was no one around to greet us or show us to our room. Instead, our key had been left in an envelope by the front door with instructions on how to find our room. The room itself (Dillon's Room) was small and damp-feeling. Incredibly, what looked to have at one point been a closet was converted into a shower stall. The toilet and sink were in one closet, and the shower was in another. You had to leave the closet door open and just pull the shower curtain closed, so it was essentially like showering in the room. The towels smelled awful, as did the linens (mildewy). I think the website advertised that the room had cable television -- the TV was tiny (13"?) and looked to be from the 1970s. The picture quality was terrible and the remote did not work. Granted, we did not travel to Rockport to watch television, but I think this just shows that no care has been put into this place in a long time.

The breakfast was not great, but after not seeing a soul our entire first day there, I was just pleasantly surprised that someone had actually showed up to put the food out. I had to track someone down at the end of our stay in order to settle up our bill.

It is also worth noting that after I initially posted by review on tripadvisor, the owner called me to harass me to take down my review. She did not apologize for the quality of my stay, but instead insisted that I was "killing" her business. When I refused to take down my review, she hung up on me.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank BeeKay1980
ShelleyVass, Owner at Old Farm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

I am responding to some inaccuracies in your review. I see that you and your friend are quite angry that I double booked your room and I am sorry. I take full responsibility for my mistake. You did agree to my solution of taking "Dillon's Room" for $99.00/night. I would like to explain that the reason I only charge $99.00/night is because the room is small and the bath has a unique setup in the 1800's farmhouse. This description is clearly explained on our website. My call to you was to offer to fully refund your stay after reading your review. We spoke for less than 30 seconds and I did not harass you in any way, but explained that I wish you had contacted me if you had any problems. You never did during the weekend, although my number is clearly displayed on the check in desk. The conversation ended when you hung up the phone.

There are newer reviews for Old Farm Inn

Reviewed 21 August 2011

This Inn is so beautiful, cozy and very clean. The Staff was very accommodating and pleasant to be around. I would highly recommend this to friends and Family. Thank you for all your hard work to make my stay wonderful.

Room Tip: Any room. The house keeping Staff kept our room very clean and sent free of smoke, very fresh.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank 100Angel74
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We just stayed at the Old Farm Inn at Halibut Point in Rockport and had a WONDERFUL time! The Inn is so quaint and the owners are so nice and accomodating! We stayed in the Sunshine Room....very cheery and comfortable and quiet. In the morning we had delicious breakfasts....eggs, bagels, homemade coffee cakes, french toast and lots of fruit etc. You can eat in the inn or bring a tray back to your room...which we did. The Inn is close to all the action, but far enough to be private and quiet. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. The Inn itself has a fascinating history. I love Rockport ...so scenic and beautiful...tons of art to see and wonderful little stores along the coastline. We would highly recommend staying at the Inn!

Room Tip: There is a room with a fireplace!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank SG28SB
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Having read the April 25 review and already booked for June I was a little concerned. The inn keeper was present when we arrived. Did not show us to our rooms but were given an envelope with information, registration form, and key. Breakfast was very continental without many offerings.
We asked the staff in the morning what was going on since the grounds we poorly maintained and the entire inn was open without any staff present most of the day.
Apparently the inn has been sold for the land and will be closing. It was apparent that no one had much interested in the guests any longer. The owners visited on occasion but did not acknowledge us. If you do not expect the traditional bed and breakfast experience and don't might caring for yourself this is a good priced and good location option.

Room Tip: The rooms were clean and in reasonable repair.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 3fortheroadcmj
Reviewed 29 April 2011

We booked five nights B and B. After a 12 hour journey we arrived to a dark empty house. Our room key was in an envelope with a phone number to contact if there were problems. We went out for a meal and returned to a still empty house. Several lights in our suite had dead bulbs but we couldn't use the contact number as the phone didn't work either! Next morning no sign of anyone and no sign of breakfast though tables laid in the conservatory and kitchen. At last found one other guest who showed us a letter saying there would be no breakfasts until May!! So we drove into town to buy breakfast and supplies for the rest of our stay, However once the microwave was switched on it blew up taking with it the electrical supply to the fridge, both televisions, some lights and a heater. We rang the proprietor on our mobile phone, A very helpful man arrived but neither he nor his friend could fix the supply. We notified the proprietor that we would be leaving after the third night and asked her to come to collect payment as we would be leaving at 7a.m. the following morning. She did not arrive and next morning we waited until her two employees arrived at 8.45. They couldn't operate the payment system so we offered to pay in cash although we had already given credit card details. Of course they had no change ... and while I was waiting for my partner to return from the car about a gallon of water came through the ceiling ...
It is a charming old building with well furnished rooms but don't expect what you see on the web-site.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank buddugChippenham
Reviewed 5 August 2010

My husband and I went there for a few nights and were very pleased with the accomodations. We stayed in the Meadows room the first night, it was cozy,had a frig and was extremely clean. The second night we moved up to the Wedgewood which was bigger and had a kitchenette. Also very clean and relaxing.
The Halibut park was right next store and we walked over and sat on the rocky shore and relaxed both days.
Our only complaint...we wanted to stay another night but they were "thankfully full"
We will return again

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mustrelaxnow
Reviewed 13 September 2009

We loved our relaxing stay at the Old Farm Inn. Ir is quiet and peaceful and a two minute walk into the oceanfront Halibut Point State Park with dramatic views to NH and Maine. Loved wqalking to dinner at the Lobster Pool in Folly Cove and watching the sunset. Staff and chambermaids are friendly, rooms are clean, nice widescreen tv in coomon living room..caught a great baseball game. We already boooked a mid winter stay...want to try the fireplaced room.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple