“What's not to like? Fresh from the sea lobster at a great price”

Roy Moore Lobster Co
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 26 July 2013

At 3 lobsters for $30 (lobster prices have come down), fresh from the Rockport area, served with butter and eating outside in the back overlooking the harbor, what could be better? Lobsters about 1 1/4 pounds each, and my wife and I shared an order of three. My only regret is I didn't try some chowder. They also have oysters. We were staying in Marblehead, but if we were closer, we definitely would make a return trip. Excellent value!

1  Thank jimfromjackson

Reviewed 23 July 2013

This is a tradition. We go here every day that we are in Rockport for vacation. I like to sit out back with my legs dangling over the sea wall facing the harbor while I eat my steamed lobster. It's cheap, fresh and soooo good. I love this place.

1  Thank MB L
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We had to wait a bit for dinner for a table near the windows but we didn't regret it. While it is true from other reviews that the meals are simple, they are fresh, well cooked and very tasty. And we were just impressed when they served such a big red lobster for less than $15 :-).
One among our best dinning experience in family

Reviewed 18 July 2013

It is just a little shack with a few tables outdoors but the price was right and the lobster good! I would go back without hesitation. We waited for a table to open in the little shade that there was before we ordered. It is a DIY operation without much staff.

1  Thank MarySue L
Reviewed 17 July 2013

They have 2 locations. One is more a take-out and the other a sit-down restaurant. We got seated next to the window and got to stare at the spectacular water view. The service was very good and we got our food right away. The baked scallops, lobster rolls and fried clams were excellent, fresh and served hot. I am pretty picky about food but there were few negatives. I would think about driving up this area again very soon to go back for the delicious seafood.

1  Thank 613DG12