“fresh lobster!!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 20 July 2014

being from the south i may not really appreciate or know fresh lobster. but if it's ever been better than this i can't remember when. wonderful is all i can say. chowder is maybe the best i've ever had.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Got to cross lobster lunch at a picnic table on the water off my bucket list. Visited Roy Moore's Lobster Co. on 7-17-14 for lunch & it was a perfect day. The weather was beautiful & the food excellent. Ordered the three whole lobsters & cup of chowder to share. We also decided to try raw oysters. The seafood is all excellent and very reasonable. The guys working there are very friendly, we got to meet Roy & even a got a picture with him. Living in the mid-west we don't get seafood this fresh, and we took every opportunity we had to enjoy the catches of the New England coast. Roy's was my favorite & I would highly recommend stopping by for lunch!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Very good baked scallops and halibut chowder. I would recommend ordering the scallops with the sauce - incredible! Good service and the wait was not long. We did have to wait until the sun went down though before we could lift the shade due to the setting sun. Overall a great place to eat and the food was reasonably priced.

1  Thank Andrea J
Reviewed 19 July 2014

When I think of New England seafood shack by the sea I will always picture this place in my head. We had been walking around the back area of the main touristy street looking at the lobster cages and boats. We came across this small cramped patio area overflowing with people eating lobster. It was so full there were people eating on the banks of the docking area too. I thought I have to try this out. We came back around 1 or 2 PM and this place was still packed and lined out the door with people. This has to be good then, I thought. You enter this small narrow shack-like place with lobsters tanks lined all the way down the shack. The line goes fast because you are up North(so go, go, go). I got a 1.5 lbs. lobster at market price of $12 and they offered a big 2 lbs. for $20, such a good deal. They throw it on those old timey paper dish and a side of butter, BAM...there is your meal! They also offer lobster roll, clams, and few other things but they have a huge lobster cut out sign hanging for everyone to see...order the lobster! Grab lots of napkins and enjoy. Best of luck finding a place to sit (outdoor seating only) and eating it without getting messy...impossible. FYI: lobster was so delicious! It came right out of the water that day so it had that salty seafood taste to it, so yummy!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

It was the freshest lobster we ever had. We went to the Small Shack in Rockport,not the indoor Restaurant. It was great. They were bringing the Lobster in the back door right from the boat!! We also had the crab cakes and salmond bites It was fantastic. The price was right. 2 1/2 Pound Lobster,lobster roll, 2 crab cakes and 1 order of salmond bites $40.00