My Place by the Sea
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2014

A local man steered us to "My Place" and we were thankful. It was a very pleasant place for a quiet lunch. Many of the dining tables have excellent views of the harbor; there are tables both inside and outside. The wait-staff are young people who move briskly, under supervision by an alert manager. Our lobster (sandwich) was great.

The prices are appropriate to the high quality of the location, food, and service.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner with my family and friends. Order a bottle of wine and provide our drivers licenses. Waitress says ok gives them back leaves. She comes back and asks us for more proof of our ages as they are not familiar with our ny state licenses. How many of you carry another id with your DOB on it? I talk to management and the rather rude lady indicates its their perogative to ask for more id. Thats fine but really? Im 48 obviously im not the issue. Two of the other adults were 24 and two were 21. All legal. We were most likely looking at a 300 dinner bill which they lost out on. Ended up down the road had great seafood at half the price and yes a bottle of wine that was half the price of My Place's cost and a much better view.

3  Thank Paula R
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We ate at this restaurant on an overcast weekday evening in early June and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. I do not understand the negative reviews, but then perhaps our experience was great because very few folks were dining that evening. The service was just fine and the creative dishes were wonderful. Chef Cathy shared with us her method for cooking perfectly prepared scallops - yes, this place is expensive but the food and location makes it worth the price.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The food is presented beautifully and tastes even better. The wait staff is very attentive and informed about the menu. Kathy and Barbara are terrific owners,

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Visited on a beautiful sunny May afternoon for lunch. Perfect clam chowder and fish course (lemon sole in batter ) served by the most courteous waiting staff in an elegant room. The atmosphere was quiet and unhurried with the best service we have had during our stay in the Boston area. We came across the place by chance and it turned out to be one of those lovely surprises.

1  Thank TheDecameron