“Best service! Perfect lobster!”

Fish Shack Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We had a lunch catered by the Fish Shack. Perfect. They suggested the menu and we agreed. Lobster rolls, chicken salad rolls and chowder. (I wanted to make my own salads, though I know Fish Shack cole slaw is awesome.)

Delivered on time, with a smile, nicely presented. Devoured! Everyone loved it!

Lunch was a big hit! Thanks Karen, Mary and the crew.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We tried the Fish Shack for the first and last time this weekend. We were so disappointed. The menu was fairly limited, but hey, the name of the restaurant is the Fish Shack so expect to get your typical fried fare, lobster, etc. We were there for lunch and I wasn't overly hungry so I decided on fish chowder and fish cakes. The fish chowder was ok, but nothing to write home about. It was packed with fish (yay) but it was also packed with sliced undercooked onions (boo) and didn't have a ton of flavor so I promptly added salt, salt, salt. The fishcakes were awful. I'm going to guess they were made of salmon due to the tiny bits of pink fish-like flakes, maybe there was some cod or haddock thrown in there but I couldn't tell because they were mostly made up of breaded filling. I ate one and left the rest on my plate. My guess is that they were frozen to begin with, I would be shocked if these were made onsite, but it's possible. My MIL had crab cakes (hated them) and a salad (boring). My husband's dish was so forgettable, I forgot what he ordered. But he wasn't impressed either. Our waitress was friendly and polite, but left a lot to be desired in terms of service. There was no "hi, may I start you off with a beverage?" or "do you have any questions about the menu?" After being seated for what seemed like 10 minutes she eventually arrived and stood at the end of our table waiting for us to initiate the order. And no, they were not busy.

I really wanted to love this place because the view is excellent....right on the inlet with a nice view if the ocean. I would love to see this restaurant revamped and turned into something amazing. I'll get Gordon Ramsey on the phone, perhaps he can help.

2  Thank TrudyCaz
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Great place if you prioritise food over packaging - just great lobsters, no fuss. Will definitely come back.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Friendly service on a chilly pre-spring day. Sparse menu, much of it fried. Lobster salad a little pricey. I imagine a queue goes with the view come summer.

1  Thank Scarisbrick
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We just had dinner at the Fish Shack the other night. We were lucky the food was so good and the portions were large because it's about the only place in town to eat during the week. Don't expect a cozy dinner and if you want the view go during the day.

1  Thank robstainedglass