“Best deal for fried clams I found”
Review of The Lobster Pool

The Lobster Pool
Ranked #22 of 52 Restaurants in Rockport
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Essex, Massachusetts
“Best deal for fried clams I found”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I am a local and I recently sampled fried clams from here and in Essex. None are cheap. This was $30 for 1 person but got more clams here than anywhere else - always crowded

• Visited July 2014

Rossford, Ohio, United States
“Great food, fun place, cool view!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Food was wonderful. This is one of the "dives" Guy Fieri visited in his Triple D show. He had the lobster roll so of course we had to try that. It was super delicious. You get a lot on a hotdog-sized bun. Came with a side of cole slaw and fries, both mouth-watering good. Also had the lobster bisque which rivals some of the best I've ever had. The place is pretty rundown, adds to the ambience I guess :-), but we ate outside and the view was incredible. Service was just alright and that's why I didn't give it 5 stars. Young man at the register who took our order had that 'east coast attitude' Midwesterners just don't understand. Overall though, wonderful food!!!!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Andrea J
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice view ,that's about it”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Sunset gorgeous at back. Food was not good. Really nothing of our 2 meals was good at all.
Lesson learned.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank GMcN51
Princeton, Minnesota
“Lobster over cooked”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Fun place to eat, remember to bring your own alcohol or ice as they do not have any on sight. Lobster was over cooked and did not have any flavor. Fried shrimp just ok. Seems overpriced for what you get.

Visited July 2014
Hull, Massachusetts
“We ate the whole thing!!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We found this wonderful establishment when wandering the northern coastline of Rockport. It's located in a residential area right on the water. If you can get there midweek that might be better because according to the owners wife the place gets packed on weekends and there isn't that much parking. We had no such problems. The views are stellar. Because the coast right here faces north you can watch the sun go down over the rocky coast while happily sitting at a picnic table. It's BYOB so bring your own coolers and libations. Now for the food. I grew up on the water and I am EXTRA picky about my seafood and this place passed with flying colors. We each got a bowl of chowder (should of only got a cup - you'll understand why in a moment) which was excellent and was followed by one fried seafood platter. Remember many many years ago when you ordered a seafood platter and you wished you split it with someone because there was so much. Well the Lobster Pool does and still does it! There was a mountain of seafood and the taste was as fresh as fresh can be. Fish flaky, clams and sea scallops tender and the batter light and flavorful. I never even got to the fries. My husband claimed he did eat a few and they were good. Even the coleslaw was very tasty. Loved Loved this place!!

Visited June 2014