“Feels like coming home”

and 1 more site!
Sally Webster Inn
Ranked #7 of 24 Rockport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 April 2008

This was my third visit to the Sally Webster Inn and I had the same feeling when I came through the front door as I've had the two previous times - it feels like I'm coming home! The innkeepers, Kathy and John Fitzgerald are the best! There isn't anything they wouldn't do for you. They know I and my friends love chocolate and they saw to it that a sample from a Gloucester chocolatier was in my room. They are helpful with any questions you may have and are very knowledgeable about the local area and its offerings. John knows his area eateries and sent us into Gloucester to one of his favorite seafood restaurants, 'The Causeway.' We weren't disappointed! The daily breakfast that the Sally Webster provides was so delicious that I had no room for lunch a few hours later! Kathy comes to the table and chats like we're old childhood friends, immediately putting you at ease! For the second time I chose the 'Prentiss Room.' It's beautifully decorated with period furnishings (I love the canopy bed!), extremely cozy, and cleaned to perfection. The other rooms are identical in quality to the 'Prentiss Room.' I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else when in Rockport. My weekend visit 'home' to the Sally Webster Inn was an experience I look forward to doing many times again!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 March 2008

This is the third time in 6 years that I have stayed at The Sally Webster Inn and it is like going home!! The innkeepers, John ('Fitzy') and Kathy make me feel like I'm family and I enjoy visiting with them. The rooms are extremely clean, comfortable and the attention to details keeps me coming back. The full breakfast, included in the price, is prepared with fresh ingredients and imagination: home-made Belgian waffles with fresh cut-up fruit, cheese, yogurt, coffee, juice, quickbreads, bagels, and that was only our first morning there! The second morning included the Inn's famous baked french toast-yummy! If you are not happy and content and comfortable at the Sally Webster Inn, you should stay home-you probably can't be pleased anywhere!!

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 3 November 2007

A very charming B&B. Great location to town. The hosts are very helpful. Our bed was large and comfortable. Very clean/spotless. Everything was wonderful. We loved the breakfast. Lost of choices and serve yourself. Everything was homemade and delicious. Early morning coffee available to early risers. Lots of healthy choices along with delicious yummy choices too. I do best with a high protein breakfast without lots of carbs. They had plenty of choices for me so I felt great all day. Also, cold water available througout the day. I would stay her over and over.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2007

Being my first trip to Rockport, the location could not have been better to explore the quaint shops and restaurants. Just a short walk
dowm the hill from the inn. The innkeepers were very nice. It was a trip with a girlfriend so the accomedations in "Williams" room were perfect. We had a fairly large bathroom, queen bed which was very comfortable and a daybed. I felt like I was 14 again having a pajama party. Very good breakfast on Sunday morning.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2007

My wife and I have visited Rockport several times in the past on day trips. We had not previously had the opportunity to stay overnight and so finding the Sally Webster Inn which is within easy walking distance of the center of Rockport was terrific. The property is beauitfully maintained with all the charm of old New England. John and Kathy are wonderful hosts and our room (Williams room), was perfectly clean neat and well apointed. Although it is the smallest of the rooms offered, my wife has already decided that that is the room she would ask for again and again, (and I agree).

If you enjoy a terrific breakfast, you will be thrilled each morning with the homemade and hardy delites John prepares. (not your typical "continental breakfast" but much more!)

We will certainly be back again to stay with the Fitzgeralds at Sally Webster Inn. A great place to stay and wonderful people to meet. We highly recommend a stay at the Sally Webster Inn.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2007

We (4 couples) just returned from a wonderful weekend in Rockport. The selection of The Sally Webster Inn, by one of our friends, was just perfect and contributed in making our vacation very special. Much of this was due to hosts, John and Kathy. They were so welcoming and friendly, making us feel like good friends coming for a visit. Whatever we needed was there and they were right on with all their recommendations for restaurants and sight-seeing.
The rooms were charming and clean. We loved ours, Caleb's Room, but they are all beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The breakfasts were delicious, especially Sunday morning's Stuffed French Toast.
The location of this lovely, historic B&B is perfect for walking to the shops at Bearskin Neck, as well as walking a beautiful path along the coast line. Great parking, too.

We highly recommend a trip to Rockport and a stay at The Sally Webster Inn.

Dennis and Marlene, Cape Cod, Ma.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2007

We were very pleased with our stay at this very nice B&B. We stayed in Calebs Room. The room was nicely decorated and spacious, although the bathroom and shower were on the small side. This is going to happen in old house. However, if larger bathrooms are your thing, call ahead and ask about the room you're considering. I noticed that a room across the hall had a much larger bathroom.
The owners were very pleasant and served an excellent breakfast. On Sundays, the stuffed French toast is a great way to start the day.
The location is only a five minute walk to Bearskin neck. If you go out to dinner, don't miss the Beach Street Bistro, across from Front St. beach. A very small, but excellent chef owned restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple