“Lovely B&B - great location!”
Review of Sally Webster Inn

and 1 more site!
Sally Webster Inn
Ranked #7 of 24 Rockport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My husband, daughter and I spent 4 nights at the Sally Webster Inn in July. We had plenty of space for 3 in Rhoda's Room, plus a generous bathroom. Breakfast was just great - something home-cooked every morning. We ate on the patio one morning, and also used the 2 garden spaces and 2nd floor deck for relaxing at "home." Suzan and Dean anticipated our every need and helped us plan our days sightseeing. We were in walking distance of 3 Rockport beaches and many delicious restaurants. I hope we can return someday soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
sallyweb, Guest Relations Manager at Sally Webster Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Thank you for your review. We are fortunate to be in a great location. Please visit Rockport and stay with us again.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

The Sally Webster Inn proves to be one of the best B & B experiences ever. My room was a cozy attic room named "The William." It was private, comfortable, and safe and provided just the respite I needed to relax. Everything is absolutely immaculate, with plenty of full, thick, fresh cotton towels and washcloths and soft cotton sheets and pillowcases. For those who have chemical sensitivities, it was a huge relief to find that this Inn is so considerate as to be extremely careful about the detergents and products they use. The place feels very healthy. The bed was very comfortable and afforded a good night's sleep. Though I wasn't able to stay for breakfast whatever was cooking in the kitchen smelled incredibly good. I will gladly stay at this place again. And, as an added bonus for aelurophiles, a big, beautiful black cat named Woodstock comes out to greet you upon your arrival. He may even escort you to the parking lot, too. This place is a real find.

Room Tip: My room as a third floor attic, so WiFi reception wasn't the best. But then again, it is not unu...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
sallyweb, Guest Relations Manager at Sally Webster Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you for your review. We try to make our rooms pleasant and accommodating to those with sensitivities. We use fragrance free for our laundry and cleaning. Please stay with us again when in our area.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We had a few days free on very short notice and had never been to Rockport. Much of the great visit was due to the innkeepers at Sally Webster - their hospitality, their knowledge and advice of the area, the little things that made the stay very relaxing and a joy. The inn is near the center of Rockport, a pleasant walk to shops, restaurants and coastline. It was very hot those few days and we were a little worried about our rooms in such an historic house but - no problem, the room cooled down nicely. And was very nicely decorated, felt the history of the house. Enjoyed the relaxing buffet-style breakfast that encourages guests to converse, take your time. Lovely patio with flowers/ landscaping also if you choose to sit outside. A nice touch in the very hot and humid weather was the availability of cold bottled water. Was much appreciated. A great place to stay!

Room Tip: We enjoyed "Sally's Room" on the first floor. Rooms to the back may be a little quiete...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
sallyweb, Public Relations Manager at Sally Webster Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you for your great review/ Please stay with us again on your next New England adventure.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We rented the entire Inn for our family to stay after my nieces wedding. I can't even begin to express how thankful we are to Suzan and Dean for taking such great care of us. The Inn is in a perfect location, it's beautiful, the rooms were great, the outside area was perfect... the breakfast was incredible!!!

I did a lot of research to find a place for our family to stay after my niece's reception and I'm so happy that I found the Sally Webster Inn. From the beginning, Suzan was by far the kindest, most accommodating, wonderful host that we could ever imagine.

I can't say enough good things... we appreciate everything you did for us so much!! Thank you!!!

We will definitely be back... we'd never stay anywhere besides the Sally Webster Inn... you folks are just wonderful !!

Thanks again,
Kelley White

PS - I wish I could give more than 5 stars!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kelleyann71

Thank you for your great review. Please stay with us on your next New England adventure.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I had the good fortune to spend two nights at the Sally Webster Inn in the 'Sally Webster' room. I had just landed from a long flight from Ho Chi Minh CIty to Boston and wanted nothing more than to sleep in a comfortable bed. I could not have asked for more. The room had every convenience and then some, it was cozy, warm and comfortable. The Innkeepers, Suzan and Dean were very helpful and ensured that I was well looked after. The breakfast was delicious and the company just as delightful, one of the reasons I enjoy Bed and Breakfast accomodations. If you are a woman travelling alone, as I was, I highly recommend this Inn, you will feel quite at home. I grew up in the area and can attest to the beauty of Rockport and the surrounding area. It is a special spot in Cape Ann. Do yourself a favour and enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
sallyweb, Guest Relations Manager at Sally Webster Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Thank you for the great review. Please visit us again when you are in New England.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Rockport is a beautiful coastal town north of Boston. This was our first time visiting and my husband and I stayed at the Sally Webster Inn, just a short walk to all the shops, museums and everything beautiful about Rockport. The inn keepers, Suzan and Dean, were very friendly and helpful sharing places to visit and restaurant tips for us first timers. The full breakfast was delicious and plentiful each morning and a great way to begin our day. Our room was clean and comfortable with all the charm of an antique inn. We very much enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning to Rockport and to the Sally Webster Inn!

Room Tip: We stayed in Esther's Suite, it has a nice sitting area separate from the bedroom.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. Please stay with us at the Sally Webster Inn on your next adventure on Cape Ann.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

We stayed in March and were welcomed by our gracious hosts, Suzan and Dean. The fireplace was cozy, breakfasts were delicious. Our room was very clean and comfortable. A short 5 minute walk to Bearskin Neck Shops. Our only disappointment was lots of Rockport had not opened yet so had to go to Gloucester to find things to do in the evening- just a short 10 minutes away by car. Great scenery, lots of antique shops in Essex, don't miss Halibut Point State Park, Shalin Liu Performance Center. We will return here again.

Room Tip: If light sleepers maybe an upper floor room would be best.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
sallyweb, Guest Relations Manager at Sally Webster Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

Thank you for your reply. As a family run business, we cherish our guests' positive reviews and we hope you will stay with us on your next adventure.