Yankee Clipper Inn
Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge(Rockport)(Great Value!)
US$162
Emerson Inn(Rockport)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$167
Groupon.com
Eagle House Motel(Rockport)(Great Value!)
US$132
Travelocity
Eagle House Beachside(Rockport)(Great Value!)
US$143
Travelocity
US$158
US$99
Sea Lion Motel(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
US$116
Hotels.com
The Vista(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$117
Ocean House Hotel at Bass Rocks(Gloucester)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$141
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsflying cloudred jacketjohn lennonmy husband and iprivate porchnew englandday bedbeautiful viewb bthe main houseoverlooking the wateroff seasonrocky coastsuperb locationrockport harborsun roomthe atlantic ocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed at the Yankee for my son's wedding which was in Gloucester. I felt like "royalty". The "flying cloud" was magical. The innkeeper "Mike" was extremely helpful getting me around to where I needed to be & the "Belgian" waffles were to die for! The grounds are lovely & the view is awesome! I would definitely stay here again. Thanks Mike for making me feel so welcome &home! Sincerely, Maureen Bowers :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Mike B, General Manager at Yankee Clipper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to review the Inn. it was our sincere pleasure to have you and your sister stay with us for your son's wedding. I hope you get a chance to return real soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Every year in April or early May, we travel from Iowa to spend a week at the Yankee Clipper. We go during the off-season because it's quiet - and because we usually have the house to ourselves (except on weekends). We always stay in the the Flying Cloud room, which has a small enclosed porch looking east to the Atlantic and south to Rockport. The porch alone makes the trip worthwhile. The day starts with an uninterrupted view of the sunrise - and ends with the blinking of the Straightsmouth Island Lighthouse marking the entrance to Rockport harbor. There is a coffee/tea maker just outside the room, and so much of our day is taken up sitting on the porch, cup of tea in one hand and a book in the other, reading and intermittently gazing out on the Atlantic. Yes, there is a flat screen TV (which we've never turned on) and wireless (which we do use). And then, when weather permits, there is the pleasure of a good cigar smoked sitting on a bench outside on the rocks overlooking the sea while watching the lobster boats haul in their traps. When we feel more ambitious, we take the 1 mile walk into Rockport, past some 150 year old homes along the waterfront. Rockport (and Bearskin Neck) are oddly more enjoyable during this quiet time; the owners seem more friendly and less harried (although not everything is open). And don't miss Roy Moore's Fish Shack - best fried fish on the planet (and we've tried every place from Ipswich to Gloucester).
This year, when we walked in the front door, Mike (the manager) just said "welcome home" and that was exactly how we felt. Home again. The Yankee Clipper is the perfect bed and breakfast. It's a big, rambling house with lots of old wood, high ceilings and extraordinary character. Yes, there are a few creaks and bumps but it exudes warmth and quiet comfort. Mike is simply priceless. He may only be "a manager" - but this is HIS house and you are HIS guests and everything he does reflects this attitude (and he makes a mean Belgian waffle!).
We are already looking forward to next year.

Mike and Linda Todd

Room Tip: Anything with windows on the ocean
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Mike B, General Manager at Yankee Clipper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review the inn. I enjoy very much your yearly visit to the Yankee Clipper and always look forward to seeing you both and catching up. I'm glad you had a great time again this year and hope to see you next April.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My family and I stayed at the Yankee Clipper Inn during a weekend in March. We really enjoyed our stay. Our room (Ariel) was very relaxing. We enjoyed the views from the room and the surrounding area. Mike, the innkeeper, was super nice and super helpful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your stay and taking the time to review the inn on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I truly hope you get a chance to return soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The views were fantastic an the location was great. The gentleman who runs the inn (I think his name was Mike) was really friendly and nice, but didn't quite know when to stop. He also was really pushing us to do a tripadvisor review, which is super counter productive. The waffles were fantastic, but the rest of the breakfast was clearly pre-made and reheated. We got an upgrade to our room since we were so off-season, which was really nice, and the bed was glorious, but the rest of the room was just okay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah L

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your room and view. I apologize if you felt my conversation with you was over the top or too much! The hot part of the breakfast consisting of scrambled eggs, bacon, and Belgian Waffles are made fresh to order. To say I am proud of the product, service, and place that I live in would be an understatement!!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We booked 5 of the 8 rooms at the Yankee Clipper and could not have made a better decision. It was like spending the weekend at home. The rooms were spacious and all had beautiful views of the ocean. We congregated down in the breakfast and living area as if it was our own home. Mike, the caretaker could not have been more hospitable. He made great recommendations for meals and outings. Rockport was absolutely beautiful and we took a trip into Salem which was and easy drive for the day. It was a great weekend...everything I expected and more!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for taking the time to tell the trip advisor world about your group stay. It was wonderful to work with and meet your group and by the end of the stay feel like old friends. I hope you get a chance to come back and visit Salem and the Yankee Clipper again.