“Perfect for lobster/shellfish/fish lunch”

Nate's at Front Beach
Ranked #4 of 53 Restaurants in Rockport
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: A casual dining experience, with a view of Front Beach, Nate's is a charming family operated restaurant. Specializing in delicious fried seafood, we serve hamburgers, wraps, salads and even ice cream for dessert.
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Bearskin Neck was too busy for our taste so we wandered up thru town to Front Beach. The Tripadvisor app told us Nate's was across the street and rated highly. We decided to get our lunch to-go at the take out window and walk a bit farther up the street to the benches at Back Beach where we had a lovely waterfront view without the crowds. There is also a very nice town park right behind Nate's which have been nice too. We'd have to agree with the first several reviews I read. My husband got a lobster roll which was overflowing with large chunks of lobster on a nicely toasted roll and homemade ice tea. I got the small scallop plate with homemade onion rings which had plenty of large freshly breaded scallops. Both were very good. The service was friendly and the wait was short. The lobster roll was $17.95 which seems to be about the going rate. They also have a small dining room with table service. We'd return.

1  Thank clf27

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stopped in for dinner based on TA reviews. I ordered a lobster roll which seemed to be made from an entire lobster. Delicious! The other members of my family ordered fried seafood entrees, which were perfectly prepared. Worth a stop.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We just had a wonderful lunch at Nates. We thought about ordering to go and eating on the beach right across the road but ate inside instead. Very pleasant efficient staff. My husband said his burger was perfect. Flavorful and cooked perfectly. I had a small order of fried clams that was very generous. Too much for me to finish. The clams are the best I have had in a long time. Great place!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great seafood!! They also serve a very nice breakfast. Small but very pleasant! Try the fried clams.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Ate breakfast here one morning while staying just down the street...very yummy. They are only open for dinner on the weekends, and they change over to their lunch menu around 11am.