“Rockport”
Review of Bean & Leaf Cafe

Bean & Leaf Cafe
Ranked #5 of 53 Restaurants in Rockport
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Enjoy fresh food and drink with an friendly customer service and a great view! We welcome you and please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your visit more enjoyable! We are excited to serve you!
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Great view, nice atmosphere, but disappointed that the teas were just run of the mill tea bags. I expected for the price it would have at least been loose leaf tea. We were there off season, I guess if it was full season they would not have the time to do individual teas.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Nothing not to like. Lovely coffee and cake and the next day delicious wrap and soup. Helpful staff. Lovely views.

1  Thank Karen F
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Back after 1 year and what a change in service, thanks to John who made me feel most welcome. The soups and wraps are very nice the coffy made with care. Last time I was here there was no attention for the customers, what a change, thank you for making my stay so Nice!

1  Thank RensP
Reviewed 16 March 2014

It was a particularly gorgeous March day in Rockport and the place was completely overwhelmed at about 4pm for coffee. Even one of the "regulars" in line yelled over to the male barista: "Hey! Would ya smile a bit? You look miserable!" And, it was true. I can't blame them for being crushed by the crowd of people who came in when the skies turned a bit cloudy on an otherwise decent March day. But, still, they did seem rather miserable.

The iced pomegranate green tea I had was very good. The coffee was fine, nothing too exciting, but we are spoiled by great cafes with amazing artisan coffees near where we live, so I will admit to being a bit of a "coffee snob."

One thing that annoyed me was that I got a small coffee and when I put the light cream in it, it totally curdled into this gross looking blob of grossness (if that's even a sentence). When I showed the barista, he was very unimpressed and just replaced the cup of coffee and handed me a new light cream. It seems he could have offered me a large coffee or a free pastry or something considering how utterly disgusting my curdled coffee looked and considering I had to wait through part of the outrageous line AGAIN to get a new one. But, what can ya do?

We like the atmosphere and sitting in the back area looking over the water. The view is lovely, although the space is a bit of a greenhouse and gets very hot. Still, this will usually be the place to stop for coffee or iced tea when in Rockport. We just won't expect too much.

1  Thank CookingGirl73
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Great coffee, sea views and a welcome relief from the hustle and bustle of Bearsneck. We stuck to Mocas, but the menu looked attractive and reasonably priced. Success has its price though. Queue was a bit long. Time to contemplate what the "dirty chai" on the menu might be.