“Great Location” 5 of 5 bubbles

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is a great location for a daily visit. In the spring and fall the Merrimac River is full on harbor seals who are fun to watch. There is a nice play area for children and beach is spectacular!!!

Visited May 2014

Avon, Connecticut
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good, clean beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Good, clean beach with plenty of parking. Note: weekend traffic is heavy and there is only one route back to the highway.

Visited August 2014
Salisbury, Massachusetts
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Amazing camping experience in my home town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Never would have thought I'd be camping in what I consider my own backyard but as luck would have it our Girl Scout troop planned a camping trip at Salisbury Beach State Reservation! We were given a great opportunity to sleep over two nights just for cleaning part of the beach.... More on that later. I've never camped at a camp ground so I had no idea what to expect. We had many birds flying above and around our camp site - especially one cardinal that loved looking at himself in our car mirrors! I was pleasantly surprised at how friendly other campers were. I actually enjoyed looking at different types of tents and listening to a nearby camp site where they were playing a guitar and a banjo. I did not know when I arrived that there was even a store in the middle of the camp (thank God for it too! We needed a snack fix!) I had not planned on taking a shower but was pleased at the level of cleanliness - okay not a five star hotel but it really was actually clean - not luxury level but just what we needed and the water was warm!
Now onto the cleaning portion of our camping trip. We cleaned on the Merrimac River side and well things do get dropped in the water. Things we found - straws, cigarette butts, shoes, bits of plastic, fishing line, bottles and parts of bottles and the worst we found was one needle (thankfully I found it instead of one of our girls and thankfully I had gloves one).
When packing up from our site - in true Girl Scout form we cleaned up our site and I am sure we left it better than when we arrived.
Our site was one of the sites reserved for such groups - the only downside is we did not have electricity hook up or water but we worked with what we had.

Millbury, Massachusetts
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Fun day with family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We always have a great time at this beach, never had to deal with too many people. Parking was $9, but there are bathrooms and outdoor showers. There is a pier to the beach, which makes lugging all the stuff easier. The water is very cold, but the kids love playing in the waves. There were lifeguards on duty, which was good because one of our little ones got knocked down by a wave, and they got to her first.

1 Thank Cheryl T
Massachusetts
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Nice beach not too far away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Good beach for a day trip.
Clean beach and restrooms with plenty of parking.
The water can get rough so you need to be careful. Lifeguards are on duty.
It's about 75 miles from Worcester, and, depending upon traffic, can be reached in about an hour and fifteen minutes.
There is a parking fee, but, Massachusetts residents 62 years old can apply for a free parking pass that is good at all Massachusetts state parks for life.

1 Thank 307stevee