“good first trip”

Rusnik Family Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salisbury
Rusnik Family Campground
Brattleboro, Vermont
“good first trip”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

not a bad campground.people were friendly,campsites were nice,location was good being only a few minutes from everything you need like beaches and shopping .recommendations for them would be to better maintain there activity spots.horseshoe pits were run down and hard,bocce court should be a light gravel not grass,park is a little dated and my biggest disappointment was the restrooms .definitely need to upgrade and fix them.... flotation devices as to children safety should be allowed in the pool also.....so ups and downs but a good first trip for us

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris R

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the weekend with husband and 3 young daughters. They do not allow floatation devices of any kind. All three of my girls use arm band floaties so it was pretty upsetting that they don't tell you that until after you pay. Although the pool was clean and nice we couldn't enjoy it.
The mini golf course was broken and full of rotting wood and pine needles. The playground was completely boring. Not even a ladder to get to the slide. Swings were broken. The Rec hall had 3 arcade games working and 3 broken. Fire wood was 5 bucks a basket and didn't burn well.
The bathrooms were absolutely disgusting. They were in there over an hour every day cleaning them and the same dead bugs and hair were there when they came out. The showers were covered in dirt and mildew. I'm potty training my little one and she had to go. So I tried to go in when they were cleaning the bathrooms and they said no.
Then quiet time is from 10 pm til 8am. At 1010 I was putting the kids to bed and they came and complained that they were too loud. But yet when other campers are setting up camp at 11 banging around its ok. Although it was still fun. I wouldn't recommend.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sarah H

Travellers are raving about these Salisbury hotels

Jefferson, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Well situated, only a short drive from the beach. Lots to do for up to 10 year olds on site. Spaces are fairly open but nice. My boys had a great time - hey, it's all about them at this age! Nice to have a pool too.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This campground is ruled by lawyers and the insurance rather than camping people and parents.
We came to this campground through reservation made earlier. When we arrived we had to sign a paper that we understood the rules of the campsite. No floating devices in the pool and other rules. We got a pretty site and our boys wanted to swimm. Our 6 y old cannot swimm that good so he uses safety bands to help him swimm. I went along since they cannot be in the pool area without an adult which is good. So, I got into a deckchair and our kids in the water while I watched them. Immediately the woman from reception came up to me to say that floating devices werd not allowed. My wife was doinf the laundry and while the machine was running also looked after our kids. Our 6 t had to get out of the pool because of the bands. This is crazy but I thought ok, I'll put on my swimming trunks and go in as well. I told my kids to get out of the water and stay in the deckchairs what they did. My wife still looked also at our kids. I went to my RV and put on my swimming trunk and when I came at the pool my kids were send out the pool area since there was no adult with them in the pool area (eventough my wife could see them from the laundry). So I got into the really cold pool and took my kids with me, the 6y still with his safety bands on. Again came the woman from reception, mad that he still has his bands on. So basically she wanted the safety bands off so that I had to hold my son the whole time. But if you have kids you know that a young boy wants to jump in the pool and play with his brother. This has never been a problem with other campsites but here it is not possible. She said I could get a refund if we did not like it and leave which is what we did immediately. Never had such an unfriendly experience, and a total lack of trust in parents responsibilty ever. A campsite is not responsible for my kids, I, as a parent am. And I pretty capable of knowing how my kids can play safe in the pool.
Luckily we found a better campsite which was not ruled by these crazy rules!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Renzo G
Lowell, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was camping there for a week in July and the campsite was nice along with the Pool that I have noticed has some cracked tiles that need replacing and did smell chlorine at times but water was clear mostly. The bathrooms had no soap near sinks for the whole week I had to use my own for the shower and also the showers were awful as the tiles on the floor were coming off and dry rot throughout the bathrooms definately needs updating.
Campground was somewhat noisey of drunken campers but did quiet down after midnight :).
Laundry facalities was nice as the dryers take a while to dry clothes .25 cents for 8 mins.
Also .25 cents for 5 mins showers. Also camp fire wood was $5.00 for a basket which was not much of a selection of burnable wood. Also I would mention to not use firewood from the woods as will have ants throughout and will make you itch so be careful of that so never use downed wood and trees from the woods. Also their Pond was full of frogs and looks like a swamp all fenced in with trees :) .
They do honor AAA for a discount which is affordable for a weeks stay so I do recommend them for an affordable getaway. The staff is friendly at the office but the workers that clean bathrooms no so.
So be forewarned and expect no special cleanliness in bathrooms......

Thanks......

Room Tip: Affordable camping with some ammenities