“Will give it another try”
Review of Sea Glass

Sea Glass
Ranked #9 of 64 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Wonderful location overlooking the ocean, great food & service.
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Will give it another try”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Went with another couple and the atmosphere, drinks and the service were awesome. Everybody had an excellent meal except for me. I had ordered the veal Marsala braised and it came out shredded in a brown sauce w pasta all thru it....almost like a stew. I am going to give them another chance because everyone else enjoyed it so much.

• Visited January 2014

Kiawah Island, South Carolina
“Company Christmas Party in Private Room”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My boyfriend had his company party here and the room was very spacious and well thought out. There was room for a bar and DJ with dance floor in addition to the coffee/dessert table and all our tables. The view though was the star! It happened to be snowing and blowing during our visit but it was really pretty standing by the windows and watching the waves going underneath the building. I'd like to see it during the day.

The staff handled service very well and the filet was a perfect temperature and my boyfriend's crab stuffed fish was decent. Dishes were cleared efficiently and the staff was good at keeping the drink glasses also cleared quickly so the tables always appeared fresh.

I'd recommend this place but cannot comment on the prices.

• Visited December 2013
Maine
“Wow what a cool place and the view, it's like being on a boat”
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

My buddy and I stopped for lunch after a business meeting

We stumbled onto the sea glass
By accident

I find some if the best finds are by accident

It's certainly a big place, I'm just not from that area

The staff was super super friendly, they weren't busy and made us feel very comfortable

We sat at the bar, bartender was extremely pleasant and had us cracking up in seconds of sitting

My buddy and I both with as professional mariners
So we elected to sit with our back to the view and watch the flat screen for some sports updates

But the view! Holy cow wow
It is amazing

I plan to go back someday with my wife and get a waterfront table

I had a wonderful meal
Mussel chowder is top knotch

I recommend this place

There's Also a gift shop so I did some Christmas shopping after lunch

Bonus

• Visited December 2013
Raymond, New Hampshire
“beautiful location horrible food”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We had a concert at the blue ocean music hall. We decided to make it easy on ourselves and eat at the sea glass because it's adjoining. It was a huge disappointment and expensive. I'm a hard to please eater but the 4 other guests are super easy to please and even they hated their meal. 2 had haddock entrees severed in 2 different ways both said they were flavorless, dry, the best thing on their plate were the roasted veggies. The clam chowder was very thick and clams were chewy. I will say the beet salad with blue cheese was good but not great the beets should have been roasted not boiled for flavor. My husband had the lobster paella and it was the worst thing at the table. Lobster was chewy and it only had a super fake smokey flavor. I ordered the scallops on risotto. The scallops were cooked perfectly but not with much flavor and the risotto was inedible. It had a weird red sauce on it not creamy and smooth like risotto should be.
I will give the atmosphere a 5 its beautiful, but if you are looking for somewhere quiet this is not the place. The cost is very high for very mediocre food. Go elsewhere.

• Visited October 2013
New Hampshire
“Really Nice View”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Four of us went for dinner last night. It's a beautiful restaurant right on the ocean with beautiful views. In all honesty, I think that this is what you're paying for. The food was just okay. I had a Caesar salad which was by far the worst one that I've ever had. Very weak in flavor and just blah with lots of parmesan cheese sprinkled on it. My husband had the baked scallops. He said that they were just okay. He also had the calamari app which he did like. I had prime rib which was good but not excellent for the price that we paid for it. Yes, it's very expensive. Being off season, there was plenty of parking. During high season or summer, I would not even attempt to go to this restaurant as the beach area is very crowded with a lot of traffic. The dress is very smart casual and I do think it would be a great "date" type of restaurant. The atmosphere was great for a cozy date. Not for us though. Way too expensive and the food was not that exceptional. With all of the other good restaurants in the area, I think that we would not visit this one again.

• Visited October 2013