“Great Meal at Capri”

Capri Seaside Italian Grille & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Capri Seaside Italian Grille & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 64 Restaurants in Salisbury
Price range: US$10 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Driftway
Description: Wednesday is Pasta Night! Create your own pasta dish for $9.99. Choose the pasta, sauce and add-in. Complete with a bottomless salad bar. Join us Thursday for $5 Apps. Trivia starts at 7pm! In Italy, Sunday is for family. Join our family for warm hospitality and classic homemade Italian favorites at family-friendly prices. Includes: Family Style Salad Fresh Italian Bread Cannoli for Dessert Choice of Entree Choose From: Stuffed Shells * Spaghetti & Meatlballs * Chicken Parm *
Rowley, Massachusetts
“Great Meal at Capri”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Have been meaning to try this restaurant for awhile. It was a totally great meal. This restaurant behind the boardwalk of Salisbury Beach deserves to be rated better than some of the Italian restaurants closer to Boston that are completely overrated.
Really didn't have Italian tonight but had a delicioso dish of pan haddock that was sooo good. Husband got shrimp scampi which he thoroughly enjoyed. The sundried tomato dip was great with crusty bread.
Will definitely be back to try the typical Italian food. Ooops forgot to mention an authentic accordion player walking around. Doesn't get much better than that!!

• Visited August 2013

Windham, New Hampshire
“After spending the day at the beach googled resturants in the area”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

After spending the day at the beach, we goggled restaurants in the area. We were three couples and one fourteen year old. Saw that it was short walk from the cottage we were staying at, it is right behind the playland arcade, figured it would be busy so we called and made reservations.
We ending up getting there fifteen minutes after are reservation time, expecting the worse.
We walked in at 9:15 and the place was completely empty. We stood at the hostess both for a couple of minutes before the bartender asked if we were here for dinner. A couple of minutes latter someone showed us to our table that had been put together for the 9 of us.
After a couple of more minutes the waiter came of with a couple of baskets of bread and dipping sauce which were both great. I'm not sure if it seemed like the staff was slow or if it was because I hadn't eaten all day.. We ordered appetizers Egg plant Rollatini, Fried Calamari, Aramcini, and shared them between all of us they were all great. Very tasty and fresh.
I had the Chicken Parm, my wife had the veal picata. We share with each other both meals were excellent. Over all great place, great location, great atmosphere, great food would defiantly go back.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank mike s
Kittery, Maine
“Hungry Sailor Cook/Diver and wife”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

First off, my wife and I have been searching for a decent babysitter for weeks to get out on a very rare "date night". We googled Capri on a whim, and based off the reviews we decided to give it a try. After sitting down, our waitress brought us out two appetizer plates and wine glasses. My wine glass had food crumbs stuck to the inside of the glass, the waitress had to have seen this yet filled my glass anyway. Also our plates were covered in food and grease, and the silver wear was splotched with soap and water stains.... I requested a new glass and plates and for some reason it seemed to anger my waitress that i would ask for such a thing. Soup came up in the ordering conversation and at that night the special was a sausage based soup, I decided I would give it a shot, however I recieved minestrone. When I confronted my waitress about the mix up she looked at me and said, "Wow i'm batting a thousand with you tonight." I was never rude, never raised my voice. being in the food industry myself I tried to have as much patience as possible. It also took 30 minutes to get a refill on my glass of wine after asking, meanwhile my waitress was less then 8 feet away setting up more tables to increase her tips. The food was so-so, calamari was frozen not fresh, our veal was rubber, it was obviously pre-cooked hours before arriving to my plate, gravy was water....All in all not happy, I haven't had a night out with my wife alone in months, and being a cook myself I would never have served that to my brother's on any ship....I left my number and an aggrivated comment on the back of my receipt last night as well as a zero'd out tip on the receipt, I still have not received a call. What frustrates me most is that the manager came to our table and asked if we were alright, yet we got a full bill......I will never come back here again, especially to waist money on non-fresh food, and a $30 dollar babysitting fee.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank pheonix2812
Boxford, Massachusetts
“Last minute and (good) choice.”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Had tickets for a show at Blue Ocean Music Hall. We decided in the afternoon that it would be great to have dinner close by (maybe use the same parking lot?) We called for a 6 PM reservation and they accomodated us. The restaurant was quite empty when we arrived, but filled up quickly after that. The atmosphere was very pleasant; there are several dining areas, each with it's own fireplace. Our server (Melissa?) was very sweet. Her recommendations were spot-on and she checked in with us from time to time but was never intrusive. The bread arrived warm with an interesting balsamic dip. I had the chicken piccata which was tender and delicious. My friend had chicken parmigiana; also delectable. Prices were reasonable. The beach is very close by so you can walk off the calories. It's a perfect place to dine before a show or just a nice evening out.

• Visited March 2013
Newburyport, MA
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

By far, the best restaurant in Salisbury (at the beach) for a sit-down meal. Just enough atmosphere without being stuffy or too "special occasion" (sister restaurant, Sea Glass, across the street right on the water has more of an "upscale" vibe) - although I have heard mixed reviews on the food there. I've been to Capri quite a few times now, but wanted to give a shout out because they deserve it! Price-wise, Capri is also more reasonable than Sea Glass.

We recently went on a Friday night (Valentine's weekend) before attending a show at the Blue Ocean Music Hall next door to Sea Glass. They have a private parking lot, and there is also parking outside the pavillion of Blue Ocean/Sea Glass. First of all, I suggest making a reservation whenever there is a show that night, unless you plan to be seated after 7-7:30. Because of the show, we wanted a 5:30 seating (I left a message that afternoon and they returned my call and confirmed our reservation). We got the last table, and I watched quite a few people being turned away around 6 - 6:30 without a reservation. If there is a show, both restaurants are going to be busy, so by all means have a reservation.

The food was fantastic (I had haddock, my husband a stuffed pork chop special), the service was efficient, and friendly, and the drinks were good, too. So far I have not had a bad meal at Capri. We will be back!

• Visited February 2013