“Better hurry!”

Cuisines: American
Newburyport
“Better hurry!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The Deck is a small - yes, you guessed it, deck. It overlooks the Merrimac River. For locals, it used to be the Fishtail Diner. I wasn't really expecting such good food. We had been on a bike ride and stopped there for a late lunch as the view is so lovely. I had fish tacos - they were far and away the best I have ever had, and I order fish tacos often. They were made with haddock, and best of all, the fish was not deep fried. It was cooked cajun style, so there was a little heat to it. They came with French fries or cole slaw, but I opted to have onion rings for another $2. It was a good choice. My DH had a burger that he said was excellent. He got it with fries which he said were real fries - not frozen. I think the price of each dish was $12. The new owners have removed the tables inside. Now there is just a bar (which was always there) and a counter opposite it inside. They are only going to be open until October 26, then will open again in April. They ONLY take cash, but there is an ATM on the property. We went on Columbus Day, so it was busy - we waited about 10 minutes, but the service was great.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Littleannie11

salisbury
“Awesome location”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The first time I visited I didn't like the food or service. I decided to give a try again a few weeks later as I love the outside seating by the marina. The service and food was much better. I would recommend seafood and nachos.

Visited September 2013