“Simply The Best Bread...”
Review of Annarosa's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Annarosa's
Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Salisbury
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I am a bread snob...Whenever presented with bread of any kind I look for a healthy crust...some texture...and most importantly flavor. Annarosa's has it all. There is no better bread anywhere ! The baguettes are perfectly baked with a healthy crust and real flavor. The semolina sticks (Sat. only) are a special treat you may consume before getting them home. The individual pizza has a wonderful sauce over a perfectly baked pizza dough topped with just enough cheese. I like them for breakfast. The croissants are puffy...flaky...buttery...melt in your mouth yummy! Plus there are desserts from scratch...and a host of other specialty breads...all delicious !

1  Thank Watervilleray

Reviewed 5 November 2013

The Kalamata Olive Bread should be Given an Award. The other goodies are all mouth- watering. My only complaint is that they run out sometimes...and that they close! Worth the Trip...indeed!!!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is the place for bread, but its kind of like dealing with the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld....worth the trouble of dealing with the people. They are the best, and they know it. I send my husband in, otherwise I'm sure I'd be banned.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

We came to Salisbury from the Amherst/Northampton area, home to many fabulous bakeries. I never would have spotted this place if it were not for tripadvisor. It's hard to find in an unremarkable set of shops, but it is REMARKABLE. Each morning, I would drive there and select some pastry and some bread. Often they were still warm. The pecan rolls melted in our mouths. The chocolate croissants were so buttery and chocolatey.
Then there is the bread. So crisp on the outside, so flavorful on the inside. Marvelous simply with butter. I dream of using it for a sandwich.
Make sure you find this place if you are in the area. A pastry, a cup of tea or coffee and a view of the ocean while consuming them creates perfection.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

I have looked long and hard and found lots of great bakeries in New England, but none quite rise to the level of Annarosa's. Making good bread is pretty easy, making great bread is extremely complicated but these guys do it every day.
First, note the lack of pretense. Their humble storefront gives plenty of evidence of their skill in the many loaves displayed that you may choose from, from classic Epi to whole grain boules and decadent Monkey Bread pecan rolls.
Whenever I go to Annarosa's I buy many spare loaves (Baguettes, Epis, Boules, etc) that I wrap in plastic wrap and freeze. The bread is so good that I can take it out 6 months later warm and serve and immediately bring back the Annarosa's experience, an exceptional extra bonus made possible by the fine quality of this bread.

So simple: good bread. So very hard to find!

Bouchon in Napa, bakeries in Paris, Annarosa's in Salisbury, a great resource for any close enough to enjoy.

Been to Annarosa's? Share your experiences!