“Great place!!!”
Review of New Boston Inn

New Boston Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sandisfield
New Boston Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Sandisfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Stopped at the New Boston Inn today (after going by it several times and not even realizing it was open for business). It is awesome. I felt like we were visiting family. As we waited for lunch, the owner told us to go upstairs and look around the Inn. It is incredible, a lovely place to spend time at. The lunch, cooked by the owner, was fabulous and we were even able to talk to her from the kitchen door. Just like visiting your sister or family member. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lori H

Reviewed 14 April 2013

I have drliven by this place so many times since I was a small girl with my family going to the resevoir to fish and play. Now I am 53 and have spent my first sleep over at the Inn and it was the best time I have had in a long time, very friendly staff,food was fabulous and the rooms were truly outstanding.If you enjoy history and the simpler life this is the place for you. No t.v's in the rooms and no phones,just the chance to unwind,relax and enjoy. the rooms were clean and neat and the bed was perfect.The owner Barbara was on sight and involved. We heard stories from the past,what is planned for the future and she was there when we woke up to offer any assistance we might need.I could go on and on but you should make a reservation and try it for yourselves.Just so you know I do not WORK there,or have any connection to the Inn.

Room Tip: You have a choice of seven rooms and I am going to go back this season and hopefuuly stay in a diffe...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jacklyn F
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We were on a great adventure with a bunch of people in our hotrods for the first weekend in October and we ended here with our lunch before departing back home. I have been by this place many times and never had stopped here. It is so cool inside and they have an excellent menu. We were able to all fit in one room with a nice warm wood stove. The food was excellent and served quickly. I would recommend this place anytime, you will really enjoy if you like antiques good food and a quaint atmosphere!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2012

This historic inn, which was founded in 1750, is a necessary stop if you are in the southern Berkshires. The inn consists of a restaurant that serves lunch and dinner, a pub, and guest rooms to rent. I didn't rent a room there (I wish I did), but I did eat at the restaurant, and drink at the pub, and I was very satisfied. I think some of the negative reviews of this place forget that this inn is in New Boston, a mountain village, and not the city of Boston.

The restaurant specializes in western Massachusetts fare, and when I was there, I had clam chowder, fried pork chops with mashed potatoes, and chocolate layer cake. Other members of my group had pot roast, duck, and littleneck clams. All the food was delicious, and the service was excellent. Even though half my group of ten failed to show up on time, the restaurant was very accomodating. The chowder was prepared with the skin left on the potato, which I hadn't seen before.

New Boston is one of the few villages in the Berkshires that has its own pub, and the pub attached to this inn reminded me of a pub in England or Ireland. The pub was small (6 bar stools, and 3 tables), but they had several really good beers on tap including two microbrews from the nearby Berkshire Brewing Company. The innkeeper, who also was the bartender, was quite friendly. The only thing that wasn't so good was that last call was at 9:30 PM, but I guess having a bar in your village that closes at 9:30 is better than no bar at all

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2011

The small pub has a very nice charm about it with friendly quests and locals. Trudy,bar tender and ,or manager, was so nice and helpful. And Barbara the owner is so cheerful with a great skill to really cook a 51/2 star meal. Relaxing location. What a great place for a hot tub!!!!!!!!!! I'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Imagine, an Inn George Washington didn't sleep in, but full of history nonetheless. Rooms are exceptionally clean with private bathrooms, food was good with generous portions, not a four star hotel, but its also not NYC or Boston.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2011

This place stinks! Save your money. The inn keeper was flaky and and unavailable after 9 PM to help out with our heating issues. The room was cold. The the breakfast Meh. We searched for a Mc Donalds instead of sticking around.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark46341

Been to New Boston Inn? Share your experiences!