“Very Relaxing Inn”
Review of New Boston Inn

New Boston Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sandisfield
New Boston Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Sandisfield B&B and Inns
Oxford
“Very Relaxing Inn”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful five course Thanksgiving meal at the New Boston Inn. We drove in from Connecticut and it was well worth the trip. Barbara the cook and innkeeper really did a fantastic job preparing the meal and making us feel at home. I can't wait to come back for another great meal.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bette H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 October 2013

What a disappointment. Worst B&B we have ever stayed at. Breakfast consisted of entirely packaged bread and bagels. The inn keeper was not present on the first morning - another disappointed traveler told us she was in town for an event. We skipped breakfast the second morning.

Our room was horrible. Dust catchers throughout the home and rooms. We paid $150 per night for a crummy mattress. they had lowest quality soap and shampoo. The door in our room had a common door w/the room next to ours. The door could not close completely. Paper thin wall.

Complete rip off.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jenethen
Ansonia, CT
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

We stopped here yesterday on our way home from the outlets in Lee,Massachusetts. It was a Sunday afternoon and as we were walking in there was a small band playing on the back lawn to a few folks. We dined in, in the quaint dining room. We shared their clam chowder which was good. Their menu is small but again it's a small inn. I had the open faced meatloaf with french fries and it was quite good. My partner had a grilled chicken sandwich with garlic, spinach, mushrooms, and cheese. He thought the chicken was dry and there was too much garlic. Trudy, our wait person was very friendly and working very hard. They seem to have a lively bar scene, it's very quaint and old and cozy. It's a nice stop in the middle of a restaurant desolate area.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank javaandjazz
NEW HARTFORD
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Stopped at the New Boston Inn today (after going by it several times and not even realizing it was open for business). It is awesome. I felt like we were visiting family. As we waited for lunch, the owner told us to go upstairs and look around the Inn. It is incredible, a lovely place to spend time at. The lunch, cooked by the owner, was fabulous and we were even able to talk to her from the kitchen door. Just like visiting your sister or family member. Highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lori H
Torrington, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I have drliven by this place so many times since I was a small girl with my family going to the resevoir to fish and play. Now I am 53 and have spent my first sleep over at the Inn and it was the best time I have had in a long time, very friendly staff,food was fabulous and the rooms were truly outstanding.If you enjoy history and the simpler life this is the place for you. No t.v's in the rooms and no phones,just the chance to unwind,relax and enjoy. the rooms were clean and neat and the bed was perfect.The owner Barbara was on sight and involved. We heard stories from the past,what is planned for the future and she was there when we woke up to offer any assistance we might need.I could go on and on but you should make a reservation and try it for yourselves.Just so you know I do not WORK there,or have any connection to the Inn.

Room Tip: You have a choice of seven rooms and I am going to go back this season and hopefuuly stay in a diffe...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jacklyn F
Torrington, Connecticut
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We were on a great adventure with a bunch of people in our hotrods for the first weekend in October and we ended here with our lunch before departing back home. I have been by this place many times and never had stopped here. It is so cool inside and they have an excellent menu. We were able to all fit in one room with a nice warm wood stove. The food was excellent and served quickly. I would recommend this place anytime, you will really enjoy if you like antiques good food and a quaint atmosphere!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Edison, NJ
Reviewed 22 August 2012

This historic inn, which was founded in 1750, is a necessary stop if you are in the southern Berkshires. The inn consists of a restaurant that serves lunch and dinner, a pub, and guest rooms to rent. I didn't rent a room there (I wish I did), but I did eat at the restaurant, and drink at the pub, and I was very satisfied. I think some of the negative reviews of this place forget that this inn is in New Boston, a mountain village, and not the city of Boston.

The restaurant specializes in western Massachusetts fare, and when I was there, I had clam chowder, fried pork chops with mashed potatoes, and chocolate layer cake. Other members of my group had pot roast, duck, and littleneck clams. All the food was delicious, and the service was excellent. Even though half my group of ten failed to show up on time, the restaurant was very accomodating. The chowder was prepared with the skin left on the potato, which I hadn't seen before.

New Boston is one of the few villages in the Berkshires that has its own pub, and the pub attached to this inn reminded me of a pub in England or Ireland. The pub was small (6 bar stools, and 3 tables), but they had several really good beers on tap including two microbrews from the nearby Berkshire Brewing Company. The innkeeper, who also was the bartender, was quite friendly. The only thing that wasn't so good was that last call was at 9:30 PM, but I guess having a bar in your village that closes at 9:30 is better than no bar at all

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Been to New Boston Inn? Share your experiences!