“Sucky suck-suck SUCK!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of New Boston Inn

New Boston Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sandisfield
New Boston Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Sandisfield B&B and Inns
Cape May, New Jersey
“Sucky suck-suck SUCK!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

This place stinks! Save your money. The inn keeper was flaky and and unavailable after 9 PM to help out with our heating issues. The room was cold. The the breakfast Meh. We searched for a Mc Donalds instead of sticking around.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark46341

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Huntington Station, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2010

We had planned to stay at this inn, but due to some unfortunate circumstances, we had to cancel our reservation. When we called, it took days for anybody to get back to us and when they did, they left an incomprehensible message on our answering machine (the lady on the other end was having a conversation with somebody else at the same time). She claimed that she would call back, but never did. When we called the inn again, the lady on the phone (I am not sure it was the same person) was extremely unprofessional and ended up hanging up on my partner. They claim to have a cancellation policy, which is nowhere to be found on their website, and when we made the reservation, we didn't get a straight answer regarding this point. I have no idea what the stay would have been like, but considering the unprofessional behavior we encountered, I would not stay there nor would I recommend the place to anybody. I guess we should have known since we did read the negative reviews, but it was in a convenient location for our purposes and so we decided to give it a try. Definitely was not a good idea...

Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julie K
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2010

Tiny pub with only a few chair and no place to stand. Over priced drinks. Pub closes early. Spoiled food. Lumpy bed.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
East Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2010

The innkeeper, Barbara, treated us the way you wish every innkeeper would - with respect, courtesy and attentiveness to our every need. The generous continental breakfast in the morning and the cozy bar at night were appreciated. There are few places that could compare with the quality of the food. Barbara brings extensive experience to the table, and you will notice it.

Although the inn is located in the Berkshires and must be ideal for the fall foliage season, even in May we had a very pleasant time driving through the countryside.

There are few places that I would rate this highly, but The New Boston Inn deserves it.

Eager to return !!!

Jim

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JImUD
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2009

The building was fascinating. The owner, Barbara, was very friendly and helpful. I was traveling with 3 other couples and none of us had any problems with our reservations or anything else. The food at the restaurant was excellent. I only wish I'd had more time to spend there.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2009

Tried to book every room in inn for an event called several times. Too busy serving lunch to answer questions. Called 4 times and left an e-mail...no one ever bothered to get back to me... Tried to get info on Halloween party later no one evr got back to me. Used to be a fun and friendly place with great food. What a shame it has come to this!

• Stayed October 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank Angelic57
Washington, DC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2008

I was invited to a wedding in the Berkshires and heard that accommodations there are very difficult to find. To make sure I had a place to stay, my friend and I booked two nights at the New Boston Inn. We were very careful to ask for their cancellation policy since we were unsure of whether or not we would end up staying there, and were told that we had 2 weeks prior to the reservation to cancel.

My friends and I cancelled in advance of their policy and assumed that once we called and cancelled the New Boston Inn would cross our names out or enter into their computer that our reservation had been cancelled. Apparently, this was expecting too much.

One week after the wedding, my friend's credit card was charged for the stay at the New Boston Inn. We assumed there was a simple error on their part and she called prior to leaving the country for two weeks and left a message explaining the error as well as an email explaining the error. She never received any return communication. I then called in her absence to clarify and spoke to one of the three women on staff. She looked at the reservation book, saw that no one on their staff had recorded our cancellation, and essentially told me that bc she had no record of it, and I had no way to prove that we had called to cancel, she did not believe me. I pointed out that because the New Boston Inn provides no record of cancellation, nor do they call their guests to confirm reservations, we had no way of knowing that they had not entered our cancellation into their system (which she described to me as a ledger book that they write into in pencil). My friend, upon returning to the country, also called to try to explain that she had cancelled the reservation, but the staff person she spoke to refused to believe her.

I have never dealt with a company who was so utterly unresponsive to what I believe was a very reasonable, run-of-the-mill misunderstanding. When we first saw that my friend's card had been charged, I had no doubt that we could call the Inn and resolve the issue easily. She is now having to dispute the charge through her credit card company, or contemplate bringing a small claims suit against them, and go through a major inconvenience. Two weeks later I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Mystic, CT and the experience my boyfriend and I had there stood in stark contrast-- they were completely accommodating when he asked at the last minute to change a reservation and were courteous and helpful on the phone and in person. Although I realize that the two companies run different kinds of operations, it struck me how badly and unreasonably we had been treated by the New Boston Inn.

We have told our story to everyone who attended the wedding, including the groom's parents who live nearby and often have guests from out of town looking for places to stay. They will never recommend the New Boston Inn again.

• Liked — Its proximity to the event I was attending
  • Disliked — The awful service
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank LaidbackTraveler26
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandisfield
The Old Inn on the Green
The Old Inn on the Green
#1 of 2 in New Marlborough

Been to New Boston Inn? Share your experiences!