“Interesting”
Review of Hoxie House

Hoxie House
Ranked #7 of 45 things to do in Sandwich
More attraction details
Owner description: Built in 1637, this is believed to be the oldest house on Cape Cod.
Reviewed 8 October 2013

If you would like a solid historical picture of living in 1700 plan a visit to the Hoxie House. The guides were well informed and while the house is not large you can experience daily life of that time period.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

This is a well preserved piece of history. Much of the timber in the building is original, and many of the pieces of furniture and artefacts are original. The two ladies who showed us around we're very nice and very knowledgeable. They were able to explain how many of the utensils and artefacts were used. This is truly a step back in time that will enthral you

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Brought a friend to Hoxie House, as we had already visited in the past. It was very informative and quite interesting. My friend was quite elated as we took the tour, which I knew she would enjoy. It should be on your definite go to see list while on the Cape. The tour guides were very informative as to the history of the house and were very friendly and quite willing to answer any questions. After listening to all the details that people of the time went through, the younger generations should be grateful for all the modern technologies.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

If you are in Sandwich MA on Cape Cod you should stop by the Hoxie house which one of the oldest structures on the Cape. The explanation of the items in the house and the way of life many years ago was very interesting. The guides were very friendly and amusing and would gladly answer any question. Good for kids and adults

Reviewed 17 September 2013

My parents brought my husband and I here after they had toured Hoxie House 2 years ago and found it to be one of the highlights of their trip. Hoxie House didn't disappoint! The volunteers make the tour absolutely interesting and capture your complete attention with great details of life back as it was. History truly comes alive! It was amazing to hear how many of our common expressions - "it's raining cats and dogs"... "saved by the bell" - have historical origins and very interesting ones at that. I've never been much of a history buff but this experience truly captured me. I'd highly recommend the stop... it doesn't look like much from the outside but the experience inside is fascinating!

Thank you to the guides who donate your time and energy! I will not forget my visit to Hoxie House!!