“Quaint, Unique Cafe - Perfect for Lunch”
Review of Cafe Chew

Cafe Chew
Ranked #1 of 66 Restaurants in Sandwich
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We traveled to the Cape from Ohio for the first time, and really didn't know the area at all. We were actually looking for a unique place to eat while we were in Sandwich, and drove up on this little cafe. It is very inviting from the outside...with a pretty flower garden and outside seating. It was raining, so we went inside. We were greeted right away. The restaurant wasn't too busy, but the gentleman behind the counter came out to speak to us and asked if we had been there before. When we explained that we hadn't he went over the menu with us and the special board, and said that we can pick a seat, look at the menu, order at the counter, and they would bring us our food. He was very friendly.

The interior design is eclectic and features paintings from local artists. Even the restroom is interesting! There aren't many seats, and I would imagine it could get quite busy. My party of four (husband + two teenage girls) each ordered a different kind of sandwich. The woman taking our order was over the top polite and helpful. We made some special requests on our sandwiches, and it was no bother. The cost for my family (3 combos and 3 drinks) was about $35.

The sandwiches arrived in about 10-15 minutes. The combo came with a sandwich, chips, and pickles. All of us really enjoyed the food. The sandwiches were delicious, and the kettle fried "Cape Cod" chips were a perfect match. I had the chicken salad on light rye, and it was very good. All of the sandwiches were larger than I expected, but the chips came in just a small bag. I could have eaten 3 bags myself!

They have a great dessert selection at the counter where you order. They had muffins, cookies, bars, etc. We ordered a few desserts to go, and I didn't hear anyone complaining on the car ride home!

Overall, this is a nice stop if you are at the Cape and you aren't interested in seafood or a full hot meal. The staff was warm and welcoming, and the food was definitely worth the money!

1  Thank DitkaFan

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We really had a very enjoyable breakfast. You order food at the register and then sit down - food brought to your table. I had the steel cut oats- with raisins, walnuts, and brown sugar. I added a side strawberries ($1.95 extra). My husband had the smoked salmon platter(came with a whole grain bagel, cream cheese , tomatoes, lox, onion and capers.)- a very generous amount of lox. Also beautiful presentation. We also shared a short stack of multi-grained pancakes- thick, huge and delicious. All the food was fresh and delicious. In addition they have muffins, breads, tea, coffee and egg dishes. There is also inside and outside seating-back has a very pretty garden.

1  Thank Gloria H
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This place does everything right. The staff is helpful and friendly. The sandwich and salad choices are varied and generous. The iced tea was refreshing. There is plenty of indoor and outdoor seating. The atmosphere finds you wishing you had a place like this in your home town. We returned one late afternoon to try their coffee, only to be disappointed to find that they were closed. Our cottage did not have Wifi, so it was nice to use theirs. Next time we will be sure to get there for breakfast!

1  Thank Jayne H
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We've only been here for breakfast but it's always been fantastic, the fruit platters are huge enough for two people, great pancakes.
It's nice to be able to sit outside in a morning.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and I were looking for a nice lunch after having visited the Sandwich Glass Museum. This is one of those cases where afterward you say, "What a pleasant happenstance." The menu is varied, the staff is accommodating and aplenty, the atmosphere is pleasant and the meal a delight. What else can I say. The Philly Cheese was to die for and the salad was super-abundant and fruit-filled. We'll certainly go back when in the vicinity.

2  Thank Charles S