“Not what you expect if your bringing your own camper!!!”

Peters Pond RV Resort
“Not what you expect if your bringing your own camper!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Booked two sites for my family and my parents family. After arriving at the campground and getting our site numbers they were not correct. We had booked 6 months in advance to make sure our 35ft campers were next to each other due to my parents medical condition and we were not. In fact they didn't even have a site for my parents camper. Needless to say they finally found one, after I went into the office screaming, of course we weren't next to each other at all. Many other people had the same story to share about their sites being messed up or problems with their site. Then we had the great pleasure of backing our campers into the tiniest sites I have ever seen, complete with pricker bushes!!!! Our awning was hardly able to be put out. After we set up breakers were blowing all over the place because they had us at 30 sites not 50. Then the transformer blew! Picnic table was totally busted, my daughter ended up falling off the seat because it wasn't even nailed in. They did come the next day and fix that.
Just beware that the campground is 90% seasonal, all the decent sites are long gone, the restrooms and showers were very dirty, the sites they stick the weekenders on are laughable, the office has no clue what is going on and the children activities are very blah.
The pool is nice however extremely over crowded and the two beaches are ok as long as there are no kids fishing on them like there were when we went.

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Jingle82
Kelly S, Public Relations Manager at Peters Pond RV Resort, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Jingle82,

We’re sorry to hear about the miscommunication regarding the sites you booked at Peters Pond and appreciate your feedback about the resort. We are diligently working with our staff to ensure that guests receive proper notification if the sites originally booked have been moved or changed in any way and will make sure to address this to ensure this is being done. We will also communicate to staff regarding facility maintenance during peak times.

We also strive to provide new and engaging activities for kids and are always open for new ideas and suggestions.

Thank you for the compliments on our pool and beach areas – we’re so pleased that you enjoyed them! We hope that you and your family will give Peters Pond another try in the future - we would welcome the opportunity to hear from you again regarding our progress!

Thanks again,

The Sun RV Resorts Team

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Plymouth
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I booked 3 sites together under one reservation for 3 families last year. When we arrived we were informed that those sites were not available anymore because they are seasonals now. They had moved our sites and we were no longer at 3 sites together! We were never contacted to be informed of this change! Then they tried charging us more money because the new sites were more expensive! The customer service was terrible and the manager didn't even care that this had occurred! That was our first disappointment! Next we went looking for the bathrooms that the map showed were located next to the pool....incorrect! There were porta potties next to the pool and they were extremely dirty and very unsanitary! Also on the map and on the website it stated there was an aqua park with inflatables in the pond! This was not in the pond the entire 5 days of our stay (during 4th of July week). When we asked why it wasn't in the water we were told that they were "understaffed". Another huge disappointment!

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank alkane0624
Mindy K, Regional Sales Specialist at Peters Pond RV Resort, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Not A Happy Camper,

I am very sorry you were not pleased with your stay at Peters Pond. I would like to thank you for your patience on your first night while your group was separared. We do our best to accommodate all requests but at times this can be difficult. With the popularity of Peters Pond this summer and the large increase in the number of guests spending the full season with us, guaranteeing sites has become extremely challenging.

I apologize that our three bath houses were not in a convenient location to your sites. We are looking to add a restroom close to the pool area and the porta potties are a temporary solution.

We planned to put the Aqua Park in the lake on July 2nd but with Hurricane Arthur heading toward the Cape we decided to hold off. Safety is our top priority and with the anticipated high winds we felt it was best to wait.

Again, I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay. I ask that you please give us another chance to make it right.

The Team at Peters Pond
Gloversville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We visited Peters Pond RV resort in June 2014. We purchased a Living Social deal and spent 3 nights in a standard RV site. We brought our own 32' class C. The standard sites are nice, level, and have a picnic table and a fire ring. Next time I would pay for a bit larger site so we could also put up our gazebo. The car had to be parked on the site (or we could park it up front), so there was not much room left for anything else. We were on Spruce Street, which is close to a main road. We could hear the traffic going through, but it was not very loud or annoying at all. We used the pool and the playground facilities, and they were just wonderful! So clean, well taken care of. My 3-year old had a wonderful time! The rent golf carts, have a small store, sell fire wood. There are some activities planned over the weekend, but we were off sight-seeing and did not have time to participate. The pond is gorgeous, with a nice little beach. There are sites near there which are pretty good sizes - would love to try one of those next time! Location was good, as far as getting to any of the major roads.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank adellel
rhode island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

We decided to get away for a few days during school vacation and got a great living social deal. We stayed in one of the deluxe cabin units and were blown away. The unit was very nice and spacious. There were two loft areas that could accommodate 3-4 children. The living room had a sectional sofa and recliner, fireplace, large flat screen with DVD player. The bedroom was small but a usable space. The kids enjoyed the playground but the arcade left a lot to be desired. We only spent time at our cabin while there because we had plenty of plans around the cape. There were a couple of stumbling block though. We we arrived there were not any forks in the unit and there wasn't propane in the grill. They brought some out after calling the office which is a task. Because of it being a large group of rv parks the number to call goes to a phone bank. I think guests should get a more direct number when arriving to expedite calls like this. We did have an issue with the shower/bath water temperature, it seemed to be only able to get warm and had a limiters the faucet handle. We took Luke warm showers and dealt with it. Also when we checked out at 10am the office was closed and no one around. Perhaps a Dropbox would be helpful. Overall we enjoyed the park and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank gregthenewguy
Westford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

I really do enjoy camping with amenities and this is it! I really liked the accommodations. The cottage we stayed in was a trailer home with a modern, beach-like design and set up. It had a full kitchen stocked with all of the plates, pots, pans, and glasses you need. It did not have a dishwasher but that was fine for us. Right across from the kitchen was a small living room with a small sofa, chair, and 2 stools. The sofa contained a twin size pull out bed. An electric fireplace in the living room connected through to the Master bedroom where there was a queen sized bed and an armoire. The only bathroom in the unit connected through the Master bedroom. Off of the living room and above the bedroom was a loft complete with two full sized mattresses. The loft area was fine for my two younger children, aged 9 and 14, but would be a bit cramped for adults and older teens. You could not stand up in the loft but you could crawl through and over to your bed. You could sit up also. The main part of the unit was very clean and well kept. The loft was a bit dusty and could have used a good vacuum. We really liked sitting outside on the wrap around porch to eat breakfast and watch the local bunnies frolic in the small yard. We grilled on the propane grill that was provided and really enjoyed the larger of the two beach areas at the resort. Although we did not use the volleyball courts or baseball field, we were glad that they offered such options. My children played at the playground for a little bit. It was a good playground for younger children, under 9. The pool looked nice, well kept and clean but we did not use it. The location was great! Close to the highway, the bridge, shopping, etc. They offer different activities during the week at different times and those seemed like fun for the kids. They had a very small arcade which my children showed no interest in, maybe for younger kids. They had bocce and shuffle board which we did not use and one of them was being re-done. The property was laid out well and had a decent amount of space between units.

Overall the only things we did not like were mostly the little things that went wrong that could not be controlled by the resort. We had the unfortunate luck of having the power go out twice during meal times and clean up times. That stunk for us because I like to cook for my family and had no hot water, but I was able to use the gas stove for boiling water to clean up. Also something went wrong with our air conditioner after the first power outage and we did not realize it until we awoke in the middle of the night hot and stuffy. I did not have a restful sleep either of the two nights with the power outages and air conditioning issues. There were two things that the resort could possibly do something about: ants and double checking the kitchen supplies. When I went to cook, one of the two knives and the can opener were both broken. Someone should be checking the supplies to make sure they were in good, working condition. All of the appliances and the rest of the supplies were just fine. When we returned from our day of being out, I discovered tiny ants were all over the counter and sink. I assume they were coming in for water because of where they were. Thankfully I had made sure everything was sealed and cleaned up before we had left. I did not enjoy having to battle ants and make certain that I cleaned extra before eating each meal and using the counters. The resort did take my concerns down in writing and planned to address them but I do think they probably knew about the ants already because I detected a bit of ant deterrent spray odor under the sink when we arrived. I thought it was just me being paranoid but after seeing the ants, I do not think so anymore. The only other small downside is the dusty condition of the loft. They need someone to get up there with a backpack vaccuum and take care of that space. I have a dust allergy and have a couple of kids with asthma so I guess I am sensitive to this, but my 9 year old was busy wiping off the loft area, so I guess I wasn't alone in my concerns.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Khi_p
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my two children for unfortunately only one night, but it was absolutely perfect. We rented a "rustic cabin." It was like a little 1960's fishing cabin, old but charming and clean and had everything we needed. A full kitchen with dishes, cooking utensils, etc. A toilet (no shower in thr one we had, but there were fill facilities up the hill). Two twin beds and a roll out bed. It was right on the pond, with a fire pit, gas grill, picnic table, covered porch and an enclosed porch. No ac, but they provide a box fan. They also provide linens and towels.

The park was clean, well maintained, and quiet. Everyone I met was so nice, the staff kind and helpful. The pool area was lovely and SO fun for the kids. Swimming beaches at the pond with playgrounds (the one near us needed updating)They had a volleyball court and a great little store with necessities, toys, firewood, etc.

There is a grocery store and other shops and restaurants a minute or two up the road, so it was super convenient.

I desperately wanted to stay another night, but they were booked. We will definitely come again.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Travelmirv
Lakeville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

We tented at a site with another couple and had a blast. The pond was amazingly clean and the swimming areas are sectioned off from the boating area. They had many activities for the children (when we drove by) and everyone has a golf cart!! The staff was amazing and helpful with all our questions. We had a fire all night and was not bothered. We will be coming back again!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Amber H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandwich
Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
#3 of 5 in Sandwich
Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa
Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa
#1 of 8 in Sandwich

Been to Peters Pond RV Resort? Share your experiences!