“Very Romantic Dinner”

The Dan'l Webster Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Dan'l Webster Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 66 Restaurants in Sandwich
Price range: US$12 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Traditional favorites share the menu with contemporary cuisine. Lovely dining rooms offer a choice of settings; candle-lit rooms, fireside dining in the Music Room or garden side dining in the sun or moonlit Conservatory combine with outstanding service and innovative cuisine to produce a positively exceptional dining experience. We welcome guests in all our dining rooms dressed from casual to their Sunday best. The Dan'l Webster Inn serves contemporary American cuisine for lunch and dinner daily, year round. Start your day in elegant style with a delightful Breakfast. Recipient of The Wine Spectator's prestigious Best of Award of Excellence, features wines that will please even the most discriminating guest. The Inn, recognized as a Distinguished Restaurant of North America, offers familiar favorites such as the most tender prime rib and filet mignon available along with seasonal and creative dishes from our constantly changing Chef's Special Menu
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We celebrated our Anniversary with dinner at the Danl Webster Inn as we have for over 30 years. The food was superb and a menu substitution allowed. Nancy was our server and she did a great job! Cannot wait to go back!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We were a party of 4 and ate in the conservatory. It's a beautiful restaurant,and wish I could say the food was good,but it wasn't. Two of us ordered the prime rib,which was the worst I've ever had. I couldn't cut it with the steak knife provided and saw my stepson also struggling. The few pieces I did manage to separate,I couldn't chew and had trouble swallowing! Since we had waited a while for the entrees, I didn't want to send it back,so just left it. The two people who ordered fish fared better,but my husband said he's had better. The waiter mixed up our orders and I had to ask for water refills. All in all,a disappointing evening.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Vast menu for any foodie, from duck to pad thai, truly a multi dimensional chef for sure. Each meal is done so well. It is obvious the chef respects all ingredients he uses. Breakfast, lunch and dinner.... outstanding. Exceeded our expectations and made the anniversary getaway more memorable.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We ate in the tavern which had a good atmosphere but got a bit noisy......the conservatory looked far more refined but was booked up ..it has the same menu as the tavern . Friendly staff. Well worth a visit

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Well what can you say about this mainstay in Sandwich. The Danl Webster has been around for as fair as long as I can remember. This is a 5star restaurant and the prices, the service, the food reflect that. Everything is top notch and for me, it's a place I go once a year as special event given the aforementioned conditions. If that is the type of place you're looking for then this is your place. Don't get me wrong , everything is very well done, it's just that I don't have the $$$$ to go more than once or twice a year.

That said, there is a bit of a secret , there is a small tavern within the Danl Webster called the Devils Tavern, the menu is scaled down, the prices are more reasonable and the food is excellent. Even better are the deserts in the Tavern. The same pastry chef that makes the deserts for the main dining room also makes the deserts for the Tavern and they are top notch! Not many people are aware of this but we often go out to eat at a less expensive place and then go to the Devils Tavern just for desert and eat at the bar. I can't say enough about how delicious these deserts are. They are made fresh by a pastry chef who is on staff at all times and it is something that you should not miss but keep it a secret!

KimSt, Executive Assistant at The Dan'l Webster Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear wwbug77 ~

"Top notch" ~ what a great kudos for our team; THANK YOU!

I have to agree, our desserts are amazing and our Pastry Chef gets all the credit. On almost a daily basis, she is running around with a new creation for us to taste test... it's such a tough job!

I am glad to hear that you have found our "hidden secret" with our Tavern at the Inn menu. It does have some great affordable choices for everyday dining and our dinner menu features many of the entrees in a "demi" which are a smaller portion; also very affordable. We try to meet the needs of all our guests.

Be sure to watch for a winter menu; I hear there is something amazing coming!

Thank you again for your kind words.

Gary Cremeans