“Canterbury Cuisine, this could be the restaurant you have been looking for.”
Review of Canterbury Cuisine

Canterbury Cuisine
Ranked #41 of 65 Restaurants in Sandwich
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Mashpee, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Canterbury Cuisine, this could be the restaurant you have been looking for.”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Canterbury Cuisine (formally Canterbury Café) a small restaurant in a strip mall off of Cotuit Rd. in Sandwich, is my go to restaurant for breakfast and dinner. Although there are closer places I could eat at, I do not go out to eat often so when I do go, I want to make sure that I can count on good food at a decent price and good service. This family owned restaurant has just those qualifications. I can order what I want, cooked to my liking, and even substitute items (ie. fruit instead of home fries at breakfast or mashed potatoes instead of rice at dinner.) and always served by one of their competent wait staff. Their dinner menu has something for everyone, prepared with the expertise of their gourmet chef. Oh yes, make sure you save room for dessert!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Susan J

Mashpee, MA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Canterbury Cuisine is the best kept secret in Sandwich”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I have selfishly resisted letting everyone know how great the food is at this restaurant because I love being able to go and most of the time get in without a wait. But I have to give credit where credit is due. The chef has managed to create a diverse menu with food that is reasonably priced and of comparable quality to many of the finest restaurants. Last night I had the sesame crusted salmon with lemon risotto and asparagus spears. Divine!!
Casual for breakfast and lunch, the restaurant undergoes a transformation in the evening with white table cloths, flowers and cloth napkins...something you wouldn't expect in a strip mall setting. Try it for yourself; I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Patricia G
Wellesley, Massachusetts
“Great find”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This restaurant has a comfortable and unassuming atmosphere. I visited with my wife and we ordered lentils soup, house salad, wasabi ahi tuna, scrod francaise paired with Chianti.
We were very happy with our choices. The presentation was good and the taste bright, fresh and delicious. The prices are quite reasonable. We will be back for sure.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Azulado_01
Sandwich, Massachusetts
“Good for Breakfast, lunch or dinner!”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

located in a strip plaza and from passing you may not look twice but once in you'll love it. At night it has a really nice atmosphere. good menu, the garlic bread to start is one of the best! Also the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella is worth getting. good selection of wine and cocktails...worth it all around

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank livelocal57
West Barnstable, Massachusetts
“Hidden Italian Delight”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Two of us went for dinner around 6:30pm. Restaurant is located in a small shopping center in Sandwich directly off of Cotuit Rd. We were greeted promptly with a smile and sat right away. Restaurant is very clean with a comfortable atmosphere. It wasn't to busy there were 3 other tables besides us. Server was very good and very knowledgeable with good people skills. Menu is reasonably price with a large choice of items to choose from.

I had the homemade vegetable beef soup which was good and the Wasabi encrusted Ahi that was cooked to perfection. My friend also had the soup, a caesar salad and meatballs and pasta which he said was very good. My only observation was the main course's served on cold plates, otherwise I could find no issue's and will return again.

It's rare to find a restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner but the Canterbury does.

Worth stopping in to this local Italian Cafe.

• Visited November 2013