“Good local flavor”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Good foodl good value; good choices for dinner. Lunches are the standard fare; salads are good; chowder or soup offerings very good. Variety of sandwich offerings. Service tends to be on the slow side. Clean environment.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We came here after seeing all of the great reviews and we were not disappointed. It took me quite some time to order between the incredible menu and the specials board. Both of our lunches were very good. The prices were quite reasonable for Cape Cod. Our server was super friendly and attentive. It does lack in atmosphere, but my understanding is that improves in the evening.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Canterbury is quickly becoming my favorite drink/dinner spot. With a great menu selection - mostly American fare and some knock-out Italian selections and killer nightly specials (including homemade gnocchi sometimes) you can't really go wrong. There is definitely something for everyone. The desert selections are also fantastic and made fresh daily. I'm slowly working my way through the menu and haven't been disappointed yet! Give them a try!

1  Thank enit180
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Canterbury Cuisine (formally Canterbury Café) a small restaurant in a strip mall off of Cotuit Rd. in Sandwich, is my go to restaurant for breakfast and dinner. Although there are closer places I could eat at, I do not go out to eat often so when I do go, I want to make sure that I can count on good food at a decent price and good service. This family owned restaurant has just those qualifications. I can order what I want, cooked to my liking, and even substitute items (ie. fruit instead of home fries at breakfast or mashed potatoes instead of rice at dinner.) and always served by one of their competent wait staff. Their dinner menu has something for everyone, prepared with the expertise of their gourmet chef. Oh yes, make sure you save room for dessert!

1  Thank Susan J
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have selfishly resisted letting everyone know how great the food is at this restaurant because I love being able to go and most of the time get in without a wait. But I have to give credit where credit is due. The chef has managed to create a diverse menu with food that is reasonably priced and of comparable quality to many of the finest restaurants. Last night I had the sesame crusted salmon with lemon risotto and asparagus spears. Divine!!
Casual for breakfast and lunch, the restaurant undergoes a transformation in the evening with white table cloths, flowers and cloth napkins...something you wouldn't expect in a strip mall setting. Try it for yourself; I don't think you'll be disappointed.

1  Thank Patricia G