“Great lobster roll.”

The Pilot House Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #14 of 65 Restaurants in Sandwich
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, View, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
LaGrange
“Great lobster roll.”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Service was very good, view excellent, seafood even better. Lobster rolls and scallops were hits all sound. Went for a nice afternoon lunch.

West Harwich, Massachusetts
“Very good restaurant serving a fabulous lobster roll”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I had previously been to this restaurant when it was under different ownership. I didn't see many differences with new ownership. It is a rather plain place with a nice view. It would not be called fine dining. However, the food is fantastic. They have a lobster roll that includes both tail and claw meat. So many other restaurants don't use tail meat in their lobster rolls. I always ask and, if some tail meat is not included, I will not order one. The small size as described as being served on a hotdog roll is huge. Fortunately, our server suggested that the small size ($15.95) was really quite large. That was an understatement. There was four times as much lobster as roll. Clearly, a fork was necessary.

3 Thank Caroline W
MASS
“The Names Changed but still a Great Setting!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Even though we went there not knowing it changed from the Aqua Grill to the Pilot House we were pleasantly surprised to see only the name was different. Service and food was very good. The scenery/setting is and always has been superb -- on the Canal .
Don't be afraid to give it a try.

Rhode Island
“Too early in the season for the summer rush?”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Unfortunately, we had a less than desirable experience at the Pilot House for Mother's Day. I'm speculating they weren't ready for the season and were overwhelmed with the amount of customers. When we asked about a table outside, they said it would be 45 minutes, but only 10 minutes if we wanted to eat inside. So we opted for the inside seating, but that still took approximately 45 minutes to be seated. The strange thing is that half the tables were empty the entire time. It's like they didn't have enough staff to serve.

When we sat down, the bread plate was filthy - like it was left over from the previous party. It then took another 10+ minutes for someone to greet us and take our drink order. Another 10 minutes or so to bring our drinks and we had to request bread again. A party of two sat down next to us and were provided drinks and chowder within a few minutes. We were a party of 5, not unusually large. When we asked about our drinks and chowder we were given many excuses - "they are really backed up at the bar". "We had to put on a new batch of chowder". FYI, our drinks consisted of water, coke, a shirley temple and one glass of wine (not a lot of "bar drinks").

Food eventually arrived and it was OK. During our meal out wait person never checked on us. The kids wanted refills and I wanted another beer, so I went to the bar myself and got the drinks. The bar was busy but not backed up and the bartender served me very quickly so I could get back to my family. Still never saw our waitperson, so I then went back and got another drink from the bar for my wife. Eventually the waitperson stopped by and apologized again and said they would comp our drinks. That would have been nice, but we only had one drink on the bill since I was paying for them in cash at the bar throughout our meal. I hate to leave a tip less than 20%, but this time I did - 10%. If I had heard from a manager, maybe it would have been different. Besides the experience at the Pilot House, our Mother's Day was excellent.

Transaction ref: 0511010000115
Server: Colleen W.

1 Thank GregorioOenophile
Sandwich, Massachusetts, United States
“The owners of this restaurant have lots of practice !”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Well, if you liked the Chart Room over in Red Brook Harbor in Cataumet, then you will love the Pilot House Restaurant overlooking the Cape Cod Canal and the Marina. Great food, great service and great memories are for the taking....

Visited April 2014