“Great food and view”

The Pilot House Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #14 of 68 Restaurants in Sandwich
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Ruckersville, Virginia
“Great food and view”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband & I had lunch here recently. We had to wait for a table on the deck, but the view was well worth it! You can see the Cape Cod Canal, the bridge nod the marina. We both had the oyster po boys and they were outstanding! The coleslaw was fresh, the iced tea was probably instant however. They have a nice selection of brews on tap which my husband enjoyed. We will definitely return here since we live close. Would recommend this nice cape restaurant to anyone.

• Visited July 2014

“Disappointing”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Had the scallop and shrimp scampi and calamari ap.
Calamari was dripping with oil and served with an over powering aoli and cocktail sauce.
The scallop and shrimp scampi was bland with burnt garlic and no butter flavor. Some Scallops overlooked.
Very disappointing! Wine menu is nothing great either. Great location and pretty place but the food and mediocre service mean we will not be back.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank NewEnglandTraveler08
Norton, Massachusetts
“GOOD BUT COULD BE TOP TIER”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We to a new to us rest. right on the Cape Cod canal with our friends Sandy and Larry. It's a lovely rest. with an outstanding location. Very comfortable with a piano player nicely in the background.
The ladies ordered stake tips med rare & salads. They got tips very well done and returned them.
If they were med. they wouldn't have claimed. I the end one liked the beef & one not so much.
I had the king size prime rib and it couldn't have been better. They allowed me to trade in my starch for a nice salad with anchovies. Larry had a scollop&shrimp scampy and enjoyed it but thought it a bit buttery. We all agreed the balsamic dressing was dreadful. Service was good and I was happy to take home a lunch meal. I would go back. I found a lot to like.

Rhode Island
“Post bike ride reward”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

After riding the bike trail along the Cape Cod Canal (13 miles), we decided to reward ourselves with lunch at the Pilot House. It was a beautiful day so we ate outside overlooking the canal. I had scallop salad; my husband had baked scallops. Both were very good. Unlike prior reviewers, we found service to be fine. Would not hesitate to return, and in fact, this was our second visit!

New England
“Average- Not Bad but Not Outstanding”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stopped at the Pilot House for lunch on a recent visit to Sandwich and asked for a table on the enclosed porch (great spot overlooking the marina and Cape Cod Canal. There is also outdoor seating but the weather was uncooperative. The atmosphere is average as was everything else. Service was adequate (not slow as indicated by other revews). The menu has, as one would expect, a large selection of fish/seafood. However, due to a seafood allergy I have to be very careful when dining out and opted for a corned beef sandwich. The meat was extremely lean with a very generous amount piled high in the sandwich (had to remove some in order to pick up ). My husband had a tuna salad sandwich which he said was good (not drowned in mayo as often happens when ordering tuna salad out).

This used to be the Aqua Grill. Because we had never eaten there I cannot compare the two.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate it a 5. Cost for 2 sandwiches and 2 sodas was $25.00

1 Thank Linda V