“Need to revisit” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Pilot House Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #14 of 64 Restaurants in Sandwich
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, View, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Franklin, Massachusetts
“Need to revisit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We spent the day riding our bikes up and down each side of the canal. We went up towards the Pilot House end for a Sandwich SeaFest. We thought stopping in for a nice afternoon drink was warranted, but we knew we had to bike back, so it was a one and done. The bartender (I believe Sarah?) was very busy, but very friendly and right on top of things. The pomergrante margarita came in a nice sized glass and was excellent. The glass of house pinot grigio was a glass that I would serve at home and put a smile on my face! For a house wine, it was very good, I didn't get the name of it. The prices of the drinks and the prices we saw on the menu were very good. The atmosphere was very welcoming and the crowd was of every age group. My only disappointment was that we wanted to sit at the outside bar but they didn't have service at it - strange for a gorgeous summer afternoon with many folks in the area. The lawn bar area has incredible views. We will go back there and can't wait.

• Visited July 2014

Lutherville, Maryland
“The Location Has Me Sold”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I'm a nut for nautical and I was sold when we pulled up to the Pilot House. Located on the Cape Cod Canal, the Pilot House reminded me immediately of a place on Middle River at home in Mobtown. Visiting for a group dinner we had the option to order from the menu. My first choice was the filet and crab meat. SOLD OUT. Slight disappointment. Second option was Locally caught and sourced blackened swordfish. Perfect, flaky with the perfect balance of heat. In fact, three at our table ordered the same item. I haven't had swordfish in decades. Glad I had it. And portions were very generous for the price. The only downside was slow service. The dinner we attended was planned in advance and one would believe they would have the necessary help on hand. But then again, the Pilot House was PACKED full on a Thursday. All is forgiven. Good job, Pilot House!

“Great dinners”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is where the Aqua Grill used to be. Large menu with lots of choices. Even has an outdoor dining area and porch seats. Great choice

Visited July 2014
Duxbury, Massachusetts
“A Nondescript Lunch”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Went to meet a friend for lunch here. Ordered the steamed mussels from the raw bar. The mussels were tender, but the broth that was served with them was pretty bland. Along with them came a serving of plain dried toast, although the menu listed a Portuguese bread with lemon butter. My friend ordered the clam chowder. I didn't hear too much praise from her. A rather nondescript lunch. I won't return for a second visit.

1 Thank ccpines
South Yarmouth, Massachusetts
“Right on the canal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stopped with friends after we went to see the canal and to visit the canal visitor center. Got a table right away by a window so we could see the canal and the marina.
Our server was friendly and helpful and quickly took drink orders and brought over hot fresh rolls. Looking around everyone seemed happy with their drinks and meals. and the other meals looked very tempting.
The wife and I had some clam chowder which was some of the best. Not too thick, not too brothy. Plenty of clam favor andf clams. I had some wings cause I don't get them very often. The wife had the chicken pie and our friends ordered seafood dishes. Everything came at the same time and was nice and hot. The cod special that my friend had looked very good and she said it was some of the best she had. Our other friend ordered the seafood platter and said it was enough for two people to share and still be stuffed. The wife enjoyed her chicken pie and my wings were good as well. For the best wings ever you have to go to the Firehouse in Rockford IL. Our server kept the beverage glasses full with our asking, brought more rolls and checked in regularly with us to make sure everything was okay.
All in all good food, good service. a nice view and reasonable priced. Looks like they were building an outdoor dining area which would be fun to come back to.
This is much better than the other seafood restaurant in the same area.

• Visited July 2014