“At last a tea shop.....”

Dunbar Restaurant & Tea Room
Ranked #19 of 66 Restaurants in Sandwich
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Dunbar House Restaurant & Tea Room, in an idyllic New England setting serves, lunch and afternoon tea seven days a week from 11-5, as well as tapas and dinner Fridays and Saturdays starting at 5, with an all new wine bar and English tavern, and outdoor seating overlooking beautiful Shawme Pond.
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Tea shops are rare in Massachusetts...at least I think so. Dunbars Tea Shop has a wide range of excellent teas for sale. Then there is the restaurant which is spacious and serves excellent food accompanied by the tea of your choice. We had a lovely lunch. The ham was lovely and served with salad and watermelon. Pudding was very fine. I had the apple pie which was delicious and a friend had something thoroughly wicked.
Sandwich is an interesting town to visit and the tea room is perfectly situated. I'd happily go again and have recommended it to friends here in the Cape.

3  Thank Charles J
There are newer reviews for Dunbar Restaurant & Tea Room

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I went with 2 friends for lunch. Everything was exactly what we were looking for. Atmosphere was very quaint and relaxing. Food was delicious and the service was great. We also loved the little gift shop to browse in after we ate. I definitely would go back again.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

If you want an interesting luch, British Tea style, this is the place. Assorted finger sandwiches, soups, salads, and pro0baly 30 kinds of tea. Interesting, different experience. Try it.

1  Thank Steve G
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My sister and I had a leisurely lunch here during our stay in Cape Cod. The food was delicious and there was a variety of choices on the menu. We were seated outside on the patio and it was a beautiful setting with huge tall trees, green lawn and flowers all around. There was even a classical guitar player providing music. The service was very unhurried, so make sure you have time to savor the setting as well as the food.

2  Thank AdventureSis
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Went here with 3 girl friends for lunch (it was a Sunday). We were not sure what to expect hearing some mixed reviews, but had heard enough positive to give it a try ourselves. We got there and it was busy, but not crazy. We did some shopping in the gift shop and within a few minutes we were seated in a beautiful room with plenty of windows overlooking the pond/lake across the street. We started with tea! Why not, we are in a tea house, tea was great. They were very knowledgeable of the seemingly endless options they have to offer. From there we moved on to sandwiches and someone at my table had the special (some kind of fish in puff pastry). I wish I got that, cause it looked amazing. The wait staff was great. Very nice and helpful recommending food. That came in real handy when it came to the vast array of deserts! Oh my, there were so many. We ordered 4 deserts that our server recommended and they were just to die for.

We left very happy and full. Our experience was great and didn't match up to some of the negative reviews on this site. I guess my take on this place is this:
If you are looking for some sleepy, old, boring, tea shop - this is not a place for you.

If you are looking for amazing food, busy with people and decor with unbeatable views that people actually want to go to, then this place if worth a visit. We will be back for sure.

4  Thank Jessie C