“Gourmet Cuisine”
Review of Belfry Bistro

Belfry Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Belfry Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 69 Restaurants in Sandwich
Price range: US$15 - US$33
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6A
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had dinner in this converted church. Very nice decor. The menu offers an excellent choice of dishes and the also have a couple of daily specials. My wife took the special for her appetizer, it was a grilled octopus tentacle... just melted in you mouth, I had the foie gras. For our main courses my wife had the lamb and I had the duck. Both were exquisite. Good wine list. Finished with desert and coffee. Very pleasant staff, makes you feel welcome. Not for the budget minded.

1  Thank Andre D

Reviewed 3 June 2018

The Belfry Bistro is a re-purposed 1902 church that is now an elegant dining room with soaring ceilings, stained glass, and lovely alcoves. The wine cabinets are set in the former confessional booths (very cool). The cape clam chowder and lavender scented duck were delicious and prepared just right. My dining companion had chilled oysters for her appetizer and then the chili lime scallops (from the appetizer menu) for her entree. They were just the right portions and also fresh and delicious. The live piano music was a wonderful accompaniment to our evening out.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Family gathering in Sandwich for a wedding. Joins by the soon to be wed couple for dinner at the Belfrey Bistro. Wonderful atmosphere and attractive menu. Started with a variety of wines, beers and mixed drinks. Order several appetizers to share. Oysters were good and fresh. Halibut and slow cooked lamb shank were specials for the day. Many of us took advantage of these treats. Very nice lamb however was under for most of us yet tender. Dessert was a must with Creme Brûlée, excellent. Nice evening out with family and memorable time with the soon to be wed couple.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Sadly the once terrific restaurant has lost its touch with savory food and good service. Will miss going to this beautiful spot

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

A rare night away from our two young kids had my wife and I eating at the Belfry Bistro this evening. As we entered we warmly created by the host who was happy to accommodate our early arrival with a slight change in reservation time. We had a drink at the bar and headed to our table.

The foie gras appetizer was rich and delicate. My wife had the hanger steak and I had the fried chicken. Both were delicious, well prepared and filling. No complaints were had by either of us with the main course.

The dessert of chocolate covered strawberries and truffles was absolutely delicious.

Great visit, dinner and venue. Looking forward to the next time we visit.