“It stinks!”
Review of Joe's Lobster Mart - CLOSED

Joe's Lobster Mart
Reviewed 26 July 2014

When entering the fish market, the first thing I notice is the smell. Not much seems to be fresh or clean. I left.
Now reading the local newspapers, I see that the owner has pleaded guilty to buying illegal shellfish. It looks like he will be out of business soon.

2  Thank Fred H

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

First time visiting. Went for a few lobsters
Couldn't decide once i saw all the delicious options...so i ended up taking home the palm sized scallops, 3 lobsters, lobster bisque, oysters, steamers, and some cod fillets.
It turned into a 2 day seafood feast at my home :)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This used to be our go-to place for our last-night-of-vacation lobster boil at home, a quick bike ride from the place we rent in the Town Neck area. However, after reading local news reports about goings-on here, we will not be back unless the ownership changes here, and we will be asking a lot more questions about the provenance of our food wherever we shop. (I'm now a bit grossed out that the employees never had an informative answer for me when I would ask them where and when the lobsters were caught. At the time, I had chalked it up to teenage apathy.)

5  Thank BostonDiner
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is where locals get their seafood. It arrives fresh at the back door off of the boat, Joe's sits right on the Canal. Fresh food with great service.

1  Thank MBPHD
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Loved Joe's Lobster Mart. We purchased a 4 1/2 lb. lobster and had them cook it for us to take home. It was so very good!
You will find everything you want here for reasonable prices.

1  Thank LindanSAT